ethanol free gas stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Makes me sad whenever someone posts this list... the nearest station is about 90 miles away from me.

It could be worse, MA, RI, and CT aren't even on the list of states.

Originally Posted By: cchase
It could be worse, MA, RI, and CT aren't even on the list of states.

Thanks for rubbing it in. Everytime I see one of these threads posted I take a look just to see that I will only get ethanol free gas if I take a trip to upstate Vermont or NH. Sigh.

The only way that one can tell for sure is by using a test kit but the next time at the same station you could find Ethanol in the fuel.

Looks like we may see government authorize 15% for all vehicles in the near future?

I wonder how much Ethanol one would find in fuel during testing?

Several states no longer require that the pumps be labeled if the fuel contains Ethanol.

The Pure-Gas site steered me to the ethanol-free station I currently use in Gretna on LA 23, about five miles from my house. In fact the owner has put "Ethanol Free" stickers on the pumps. He said the state wouldn't let him put a banner or sign out at the highway.

My gas mileage using their 87 is about where it should be for 80% city driving with A/C, better than I saw on the 10% gas.

I understand that the ethanol is usually blended in with the gasoline in the tanker just before it is driven to the gas station yes? So, an owner of a gas station can simply request that the gasoline he buys not have ethanol mixed in?

What about detergents etc.? If there's no ethanol, how can I be sure there is a good (not merely adequate) detergent level in the gasoline?

i did find out from that station that after the nov-feb. winter mix of etoh the rest of the year is no etoh in gas...the rest of stations here in coclorado denver area use 10%all year long...shell uses 3% all year long..i the owner showed me the trip ticket from the tanker...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Makes me sad whenever someone posts this list... the nearest station is about 90 miles away from me.

I was about to say the same thing but, wow there are two places here in Austin now.

edit. never mind I read the comments on the stations and they both are not ethanol free
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChuckBerry
I understand that the ethanol is usually blended in with the gasoline in the tanker just before it is driven to the gas station yes? So, an owner of a gas station can simply request that the gasoline he buys not have ethanol mixed in?

10% Ethanol raises the octane 3 points. The gasoline for 87 E10 comes from the 84 tank. The gasoline in the 87 tank costs more.

Anywhere willing to sell E0 will have the add pack for it. E0 is often available for commercial delivery even if it isn't available in any of the consumer pumps.

I found an E0 station close by. They have the pump beside the building, away from where the other vehicle pumps are. Reminded me of a kerosene pump that a few stations have around here. It's 89 octane and it costs more, but I might give it a try for my 2 cycle engines.

WOW 2 week ago I fill up at BP gas station near me, I been running shell for very long time, but after fill up at BP I feel my exhualt sound alot louder ( sound alot better ). Car ran good and I remember I read the sign say, no ethanol, dont know wat that is until now.

So gas without ethanol is better then gas with ethanol ?

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
WOW 2 week ago I fill up at BP gas station near me, I been running shell for very long time, but after fill up at BP I feel my exhualt sound alot louder ( sound alot better ). Car ran good and I remember I read the sign say, no ethanol, dont know wat that is until now.

So gas without ethanol is better then gas with ethanol ?

Yes. Pure gasoline has a better energy content than ehtanol blends. Which results in better mileage with pure gas. But ethanol has a lot of cleaning properties that are better than standard additives which are still present in the E10 blends. So its a bit of a toss up. Ethanol has a lot of good cleaning power.

Last edited:
Ethanol also has a lot of bad wearing power.
This is why E85 vehicle manuals recommend frequent oil changes.
And the fuel pump? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back