kawasaki synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that it was made by motul but was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth $10 per quart my dealer wants. I usually use m1 4t but my concours doesnt seem to like it very much. The shifting was worse immediately after changing to it.

Give M1 time for detergent package to initailly deplete a bit and some wear material to get in there - then the shifting should improve. If not good after 200 miles - use a dino 4T.

I can't tell you who makes the Kaw oil, but I can tell you that Motul is one of the very best oils on the market. Last year someone posted that they had just got back from the World Superbike Championships and was talking about how most of them used the 300V oil. He also said that even though many of them are sponsored by M1, they have the 300v in them.

You can get the Motul at www.PerformanceOilStore.com

i havent tested the kawa synth, but i did test the kawa 20w50 convt and it was ok. my buddy gets it by the drum so he wanted to know how good it was.

goes in every motor rebuild.

Check the bottom of the container. If its got three stars on it its Esso, if it has a stylized symbol that looks like a shell a P and a Q its Shell Penzoil Quakerstate.

It is no longer made my Motul. That ended about year ago. If the color of the oil is green it is for sure Motul Etec 100. If the bottle is grey and says fully synthetic is is most likely made by citgo as most of kawi oil is. If the bottle is black and says 100% synthetic it is motul. The motul oil was not always green a few years ago you would find some bottles would be green and some golden in color. There was a formulation change.

Take that Mobil 1 Racing 4T and mix it 50/50 with conventional Mobil Delvac if you want smooth shifting.

02.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back