Redline SI-1 Causing Sputtering and Stalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd get rid of that gas in yout tank. Fill it up and take it for a long drive to get rid of it. Just look what addidive I used in my recent posting and read what happended!!

Durango

Originally Posted By: dissaver
couple questions, why would the addition of the redline suddenly make the problem so much worse, the maf doesnt come in contact with the fuel system

would the maf cause a cylinder 1 misfire?

and also, ive heard from numerous sources that attempting to clean the maf will usually kill it, is this not true?

MAF votes imply the problem getting worse with the addition of SI-1 is coincidence.

Cheap gas, no cleaners, and long periods of sitting can result in a surprisingly varnished fuel tank.

I've run 5 or 6 bottles of S1-1 (1 shock dose, rest maintenance doses) through my F150's fuel system with no issues. The truck has gotten periodic doses of Techron fuel system cleaner and top tier gas over its life though.

Cheap gas, no fuel system cleaner, and a long periods of sitting can give a surprisingly varnished fuel tank.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Those Nissans are known for MAF and coil problems.
Exactly! Like I told him, I bet its the MAF. Stalling/bucking issues while driving, idle dies at light or when you hit on brakes coming to a traffic light...all MAF issues. If you have stumble issues, it's the coils especially since you car gave you the luxury of telling you which coil is bad. Most Infiniti ECU won't spit the actual missfire coil, thus prompting you to replace all of them if you don't know which one it is. Since you know which coil it is, replace that one. Like I stated, Redline has NOTHING to do with your issue since you already had the problem before hand...it's either A) your MAF or B) that bad coil where the missfire is.

End of story.

On Nissans. it takes MAF to die completely before it throws a code. I am assuming your vehicle has no computer codes. If it does, start from there. If the miss fire is consistent on cylinder #1, you have to look for something which is specific to that cylinder. It will be good to put new fuel filter but that will NOT affect your cylinder one only.

Suppose your check engine light is on. Find the code. Suppose it is P1320 + P0301. If so, the chances are you need the coil for cylinder #1.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dissaver
couple questions, why would the addition of the redline suddenly make the problem so much worse, the maf doesnt come in contact with the fuel system

would the maf cause a cylinder 1 misfire?

and also, ive heard from numerous sources that attempting to clean the maf will usually kill it, is this not true?

i think if only impact cyl 1, i would check coil & injector first. the si-1 may make it worse due to possibility injector is stuck open and the mix is difficult to ignite

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
That`s why I`m highly against using fuel system additives. I`ve read where people have had fuel injector failure immediately after using Techron. May be unrelated,but even just one report would make me hesitant about using any additive.

Injector Rx?

And perhaps MMO is the only "Safe" thing to put in a Gas tank besides Gas?

ARCO, that rusted out Q.. If he got a "New" as in used from Salvage Yard fuel tank and had it cleaned out before Install, would he ever need to put MMO in if he had the fuel line, filter, charcoal canister, and injectors cleaned/changed? Or no?

aquarius, MMO helps in the Combustion chamber when added to the Gas, right?

A few thoughts.

That`s why I`m highly against using fuel system additives. I`ve read where people have had fuel injector failure immediately after using Techron. May be unrelated,but even just one report would make me hesitant about using any additive.

There have been many reports of injectors on the way out coming back to life with additives.

Originally Posted By: severach

There have been many reports of injectors on the way out coming back to life with additives.

I think from most things I've read, people wait far too long to start thinking about actually taking care of their cars. After years of neglect they start having issues and then turn to cures-in-a-bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back