Lucas Deep Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with this stuff? Is it new? Is it just a big bottle of the regular Lucas UCL? Any polyetherwhosawhatsit (can't remember the good stuff that's in SL1, Techron, and Regane).. Thanks!

According to Lucas,it doesnt have kerosene,diesel fuel or anything else that can harm an engine.

I havent used it but it sounds like it might be a good product.

Lucas

MSDS just shows that its 40-50% light mineral oil, which presumably is the carrier for whatever mystery active ingredients make up the other 50-60%. That its not harmful doesn't necessarily make it useful. Too little info to form any conclusion at this point. The product makes claims similar to every other fuel system cleaner or fuel injector cleaner, and they're not all the same. I've tried a couple that did nothing I could observe, despite similar claims.

-Spyder

Just use MMO, it works, its inexpensive, and all Lucas does is sell u the sizzle and not the steak. As an option, use one ounce of 2 cycle oil with tcw-3 to 5 gallons of gas, will also act as a ucl and work great. Both of the above will clean up ur fuel system. PS,,,dont take my word for it, look both products u on the net and do some research. U can find both in here in the search section too.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
What's the deal with this stuff? Is it new? Is it just a big bottle of the regular Lucas UCL? Any polyetherwhosawhatsit (can't remember the good stuff that's in SL1, Techron, and Regane).. Thanks!

Lucas = rubbish

If it doesn't have a bunch of things on the MSDS that can kill you, make you grow three ears, or make your arm fall off, it isn't any good for your engine.

It is like medicine. If there isn't a warning on the bottle that alcohol intensities the effect, it isn't going to work.

Last edited:
You got it! It has to come in the metal can and if you put it in plastic bottle, the bottle has to melt! It also needs to have instructions to use it up quickly in the engine because if you leave it there for long time, it will melt the plumbing.

That is a strong MSDS!

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back