Syntec 0w-30 No Longer Available at Autozone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped by my local Autozone today after work to get some Castrol Syntec 0w-30 European Formula "German Castrol" and found out that they are no longer stocking it.

I've been running it with great success in my 2004 Toyota Sequoia on 10,000 mile OCIs and need to figure out what to use now.

Mobil 1 5w-30 Extended Performance is an obvious choice but it doesn't have any long drain specs.

Mobil 1 0w-40 has BMW Longlife 01 and VW 502.00 that are the specs that GS has.

Which one should I choose or is something else a better option?

Go to another AutoZone... most of them around here still carry it.

Or try PepBoys if you have them in your area. They also carry GC.

Otherwise, M1 EP 5w-30 would be a good oil to try. So would Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Ultra.

Thats bull. I went there yesterday, and held it in my hands. Its there. (Now that i know what "GC" is. There was a time i didnt.)

Also per Syntec: 5W-40, 10W-40, 0W-30 (GC!!) 5W-30, 5W-50, and 0W-20, IIRC. I wasnt paying ALL that much attention, only some.

Go to another AZ.

I'm not sure if advance carries it but they have syntec on sale with a K&N filter for $26.99. I know Pep Boys carries GC if there is one by you.

If no luck then i'd try M1 0w-40

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Go to another AutoZone... most of them around here still carry it.

Or try PepBoys if you have them in your area. They also carry GC.

Otherwise, M1 EP 5w-30 would be a good oil to try. So would Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Ultra.

^^ This.

To the OP: Your truck specs an API SM oil, yes? If so, I'd take Castrol Edge or Pennzoil Ultra over any of the above oils if I were you. Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 would be my third choice, followed by GC.

Originally Posted By: blackdiamond
I stopped by my local Autozone today after work to get some Castrol Syntec 0w-30 European Formula "German Castrol" and found out that they are no longer stocking it.

I've been running it with great success in my 2004 Toyota Sequoia on 10,000 mile OCIs and need to figure out what to use now.

Mobil 1 5w-30 Extended Performance is an obvious choice but it doesn't have any long drain specs.

Mobil 1 0w-40 has BMW Longlife 01 and VW 502.00 that are the specs that GS has.

Which one should I choose or is something else a better option?

I thought Mobil 1 5W30 EP was claimed to be good for a 15,000 mile OCI. Has this changed? Isn't there a Toyota Sequoia on another thread that had an oil analysis at about 20,000 miles on M1 EP, and it was so good that they recommended 22,000 miles for the next OCI?

Originally Posted By: blackdiamond
Syntec 0w-30 No Longer Available at Autozone?

I think just at your local Autozone. AZs and Pepboys nationwide still carries GC. M1, PP, QUD 5W-30 meet dexos1 which should make it past 10K+.

Last edited:
I'm sure AZ has it at other locations, but I live in a small town and would have to drive a bit to get to another store. The local location no longer has a spot on the shelves and the guy working checked the back and said it wasn't likely to come in again. They never had much more than a single case in the past.

Syntec 0w30 " MADE IN GERMANY" is available at Walmarts in Ontario.
Got myself 5 bottles today for a Hyundia Sonata 2009 2.4 GL.
At the moment I using Modil 5w30 EP but plan to switch to Syntec when winter arrives...bbrrrrr.

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
Hyundia

What's that?
Quote:
Modil

What's that?

Troll alert. One of previously banned members having some fun?

It took me a double take a a couple of minutes to locate the GC at my local Autozone the last time I looked for it there, basically because they had so many different SYNTEC and Castrol Edge weights to stock on the shelf. I think it was spilling over into another display actually...

I made some called and found one store in the area that still has some GC on the shelf. It's, of course, the farthest one from my house out of the three "local" stores.

Your fellow BITOGers must have cleaned out the shelves.
smile.gif

Order it online and pick up in store, has that been tried. Maybe some stores are just not stocking but can still easily be ordered in?

Bypass the monkeys and order it in yourself and see what happens.

Regards

Originally Posted By: Fallguy
Order it online and pick up in store, has that been tried. Maybe some stores are just not stocking but can still easily be ordered in?

Bypass the monkeys and order it in yourself and see what happens.

Regards

My issue this time was making sure I had oil for this Friday since I have an appointment for service. It's been 20k since it was last serviced by a real mechanic. I are not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back