getting old: must be 60 or more to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya the kids mean well but, experience is the key-haha. Now that I think of it, I had to ask my Granddaughter to help me program my new cell phone.

Last edited:
I'll be 55 in February...still got most of my hair and all of my teeth (if you include the crowns)...now if I could just get rid of the spare tire...

64 and hate to say I am looking forward to Medicare but the aging can stop there. What scares me is what will these aches and pains be like in 10 years.

wow its great all you guys posted. i toke up radio control trucks last year in april. i have 2 trucks now. at least i can work on them . i cant work on my street truck any more. r/c is lots of fun. the secret is finding a good hobbie shop, thats more important than the brand of truck you buy. the thing that surprised me is all great people you meet. also i meet great people on this site. i stopped going to 4 different r/c sites cause of the kids.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Put me down for 74. That's how old I'll be if I make it to my birthday November 7th.

Well, here it is the 9th, and I'm still living. Now, whenever it comes up, I can say that I'll be 75 my next birthday.

Originally Posted By: Spector
64 and hate to say I am looking forward to Medicare but the aging can stop there. What scares me is what will these aches and pains be like in 10 years.

I am now 74. I definitely have more pain than when I was 64. I recently developed rheumatoid arthritis, and I have to go to my doctor for a shot every 4 to 6 weeks to prevent debilitating pain. Before my last shot, the pain and stiffness was so bad that I missed church because I just couldn't get showered and dressed. Now, I am going to get the shot before the pain developes to that extent. I feel fine for at least 4 weeks after the shot, so I'm OK for 95% of the time.

man o man i realy enjoy all the great posts you guys posted.. i also enjoyed vets day. my grandpa was in ww 1. to him nov 11 is armistice day, not vets day. he was a realy cool guy. one time i ask him if he had any war storys. he said no. "i was a cook, i made food for German pows". RIP Gramps

I hope ya'll teach your kids and others well. People at your ages are the ones that's keeping things sane in this country.

Originally Posted By: morris
wow its great all you guys posted. i toke up radio control trucks last year in april. i have 2 trucks now. at least i can work on them . i cant work on my street truck any more. r/c is lots of fun. the secret is finding a good hobbie shop, thats more important than the brand of truck you buy. the thing that surprised me is all great people you meet. also i meet great people on this site. i stopped going to 4 different r/c sites cause of the kids.

I have one that does wheelies for 50' or so until it crashes and tumps over.......what a blast! I get exercise chasing the d am ned thing down after I crash it so it's all good.

Originally Posted By: morris
if i knew i was going to last this long i would have taken better care of my self.

I knew I was going to last a long time and I did take care of myself.

I'll be 67 in March. I still jog, walk and bicycle every chance I get. I still work almost full time, but I'm doing consulting rather than the grunt work now. I never plan to fully retire.

My dad turned 85 in July and still works full time during the summers as a laborer. His brother (my uncle) Manfred is 93 and still looks about my age. Uncle Manfred still drives and always parks at the far end of the lot and walks across the lot to the store. Until she passed away 3 years ago he and his wife still walked around the neighborhood every day. Uncle Manfred still walks 2-3 miles a week around the neighborhood.

Getting old is strictly what you make of it. You can either control your life, or you can let old age control you.

I choose to be in charge of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back