Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-30 any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All C-P oils are excellent oils. MC oils tend to have a slightly better looking add-pack, with a nice balance of Ca, Mo, and B in them.

Gives VERY good UOA's on here.....

Welcome. Don't let the synthetic blend name fool you. Conoco-Phillips uses mostly group II base, with about 10% South Korean group III in them. Most of the US made dino oils use group II+ base to meet the SM spec. CP just adds the group III to meet this spec. Anyone of the CP lines of oils are still very good for the price.

Better then the Conoco labeled and Kendall?

I'm strongly considering one of those (or Motorcraft) for my next oil change. I've got Maxlife in there and there's some major consumption going on!

Originally Posted By: JonnyHotcakes
Better then the Conoco labeled and Kendall?

I'm strongly considering one of those (or Motorcraft) for my next oil change. I've got Maxlife in there and there's some major consumption going on!

Is this your first run of maxlife? What were you running before maxlife? Sometimes when switching brands there are consumption issues but it generally subsides after a few oci's (hopefully)

Motorcraft oils are great made by "at the moment" Conoco Phillips but who knows when that will change or if it will.. I see the cab and limo drivers and their managers go nuts for the 5w20 motorcraft for their 4.6 ford v8 and i also see them coming in for rebuilds after over 350,000 plus miles some insist on motorcraft those guys seem to know what works and what dont

Originally Posted By: Noey
What makes a 'semi syn' in layman's terms, and why would someone choose that over a full syn?

Price.

It's a fantastic oil!But it's hard to find at least for me,thinking it may be on the way out as most Ford's are specd. for 5-20 now,could always find at WM in 5qt. jug up until about 6mths. ago used it in my GMQ for years and have now switched to PYB because of avalability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back