Tire discontinued. Now what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americas tire carried a store brand tire that resembled a BFG T/A tread pattern. I bought 2 a few months ago expecting to buy 2 more in the future.

The future is here. They have discontinued the tires.

I need to buy 2 tires. I don't want a mis matched set on my Jeep.

I can't afford 4 new tires at this time at full price.

Will they prorate my 2 almost new tires in exchange for 2new ones at full price and 2 more new ones at a Discount?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Do any other stores in the area have any left, that they can "transfer" in for you?

What model is the tire, size?

I don't think it would matter at all mechanically if you did run mismatched tire if your jeep is 4WD, not AWD. Try to get them as close in size as possible of course, but offroad a bit of a difference won't hurt.

Stock piles can remain for years after the tire model is dicontinued.

Online may be the only way to find them.

At some point they will disappear and you consider another option.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I don't think it would matter at all mechanically if you did run mismatched tire if your jeep is 4WD, not AWD. Try to get them as close in size as possible of course, but offroad a bit of a difference won't hurt.
Ya but it will look funnier than it already does.

The Pathfinder A/T? The one that is in the e-brochure? Discontinued? Or is the one pictured in the link different from the one you purchased?

I need 31x10.5x15's. Looks like they have 17's and 18's only.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/pathfinder/product/byName.do?r=AZDINT&tmn=All+Terrain&typ=Truck%2FSUV

Last edited:
I guess I will have to go rattle some cages at Americas tire.

Got a few stores nearby. Some are willing to go the extra mile for the customer and others don't give a rats rear.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
This one?
No thats more of a street tire. Mine are much more acressive than those.

Really? Side-by-side of the one you link and the one I link:
allTerrainLarge.jpg
kazvl3.ang.jpg

Also, it looks like the above are private-label versions of the Kelly Trail Mark Max tire. If I'm not totally off-base with the tires above, they might be worth looking at.

Last edited:
Just buy all 4 tires at the same time, have 2 mounted and keep the other 2 at your house.

How much is each tire from America Tire ?

Off Topic: Discount Tire Direct.com has their $100 discount for tires for the week of Black Friday. They give you an automatic $100 Off when you purchase 4 tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back