Got close to Trans Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 1 ft. off the apex of this 120mph turn. Someone cut a hole in the fence. I jumped 6 ft the first time one flew by.
[img:center]
100_1543.jpg
[/img]
100_1534.jpg
[/img]
100_1532.jpg
[/img]
100_1523.jpg
[/img]

Now that is just cooooooooooool! I wish TA was still televised in my area; it's one series I'd actually schedule around so I could watch.

Unfortunatly the Trans Am sanctioning body is weak and there are only eight cars running a full schedule & at this event in Brainerd . This track had a dual event with drag racing going on at the strip on the same ticket, at the same time.
100_1380.jpg
[/img]
100_1358.jpg
[/img]
100_1521.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Were they sliding/drifting that turn at all?? (They use Detroit/Eaton Lockers unless they changed the rules recently.)

Is the series still run by the SCCA?

Did any of the Trans Am cars do a 1/4 mile time trial?

I remember when GM High Tech performance magazine tested Lou Gilotti's T/A C6 about 4-5 years ago.
It did a high 9 second (or so) 1/4 mile in full road race trim/settings.

No 1/4 mile, and yes, yes, yes. This guy won gave them a driving lesson. This guy was the class of the field. Tony Ave wow!!! The guy picken his teeth.
d062f309.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Were they sliding/drifting that turn at all?? (They use Detroit/Eaton Lockers unless they changed the rules recently.)

Is the series still run by the SCCA?

Did any of the Trans Am cars do a 1/4 mile time trial?

I remember when GM High Tech performance magazine tested Lou Gilotti's T/A C6 about 4-5 years ago.
It did a high 9 second (or so) 1/4 mile in full road race trim/settings.
If you goggle map the turn you can see it's flat out on the gas straight with kink, a dog leg. wide open. SEE!
100_1521.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: willix
The trans am cars are not 1/4 miler's.

OF COURSE NOT!

But it was cool to see just how quick they are in full road race trim (although Lou may have had some tight, street course type super-short gearing in the Jerico/Weismann/Emco/Hewland/whatever gearbox he was running & 9" axle at the time of that said test, I don't know for sure).
wink.gif

My pics all dissapaered, I'll try this link. Trans AM awsome Remember this was a drag strip weekend too, Frankly the crowds were drag racing and tht was cool. I got acouple of launches out of the lights on that. All those pics can be expanded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back