PYB (API SN) vs PYB (API SM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which PYB is better? And how does it compare to RLI, Research Laboratories, Inc. (a ringer of sorts, instead of, oh, Royal Purple?)

PYB is pretty dang good. Would you choose yours in SN flavor, of SM? The SN is supposed to have more Moly. SM is going to be phased out and replaced with SN, so the SN has significant advantages over its formulation?

And then you have the Vegetable Oil oil, and the Purple oil.

Yeah, I'll choose SN. Progress is good, especially at Shell
grin.gif

I'm hoping the SN Formula Shell gets a dose of Moly too. In the SM flavor it was one of the highest in PQIA's tests and my Subaru seems to like it.

But if PYB has gotten a Moly boost, my Subaru might like it better now too...hmmm.

Last week I purchased a 5 qt jug at Wall Mart and it was an SM oil that already met the SN rating as another post brought up.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Last week I purchased a 5 qt jug at Wall Mart and it was an SM oil that already met the SN rating as another post brought up.
I am wrong it was GF5 Forgive me.

At my WalMart, they have thrown in the 5w30 SN with all the older SM oils....and the SN is also $12 a 5 quart jug.

Been trying to find P.Y.B. GL-5 S.N. 5w-20 amd 5w-30 . Especially with the $2.39 a quart at SEARS . Went to a SEARS and all P.Y.B.s' were SM and GL-4 .
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back