Can I use Shaeffer Neutra with Chevron gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to gather thoughts on the up side or down side of using Schaeffer Neutra in my fuel system if I'm already using Chevron gas with Techron in it? I've become a recent user of Neutra and was blown away by the job it did in my crank case 500 miles before an oil change. For that job, it cleaned extremely well. In the fuel tank, I've just run three consecutive tanks each with a full bottle of Neutra and have seen a noticeable jump in fuel economy. There, I've probably reached a plateau now that injectors are running cleaner and cylinder walls are lubed. I had been running Shell gas for the last 5 years, but now there is a Chevron station 1/2 mile from my house which is much more convenient. Would there be any negative effect to mixing Neutra in with a tank of Techron gas, or is the concentration of Techron high enough that I don't need to use the Neutra anymore except in the crank case just before an oil change?

I would not think you need any additive with any top tier gas. Having said that, I run a bottle of regane or techron once or twice a year.
You found an additive that you are happy with. No problem adding it to any gas.
Gasoline is basically generic. You have one local refinery making the gas for all the retailers. At the very end they add a gallon of Shell's additive to the 5,000 gallon tanker going to Shell stations and a gallon of techron to the tanker going to the Chevron station.

I'd bet on no negative effects at all. For several years, until Chevron all but abandoned our area, I used Chevron gas almost exclusively in the Neon, & it got *many* doses of Neutra in the gas.

You'll have no down side to adding Schaeffer Neutra to this gasoline. A bottle of Neutra every so often will keep everything cleaned out. Plus it's handy to have around for your mower,blower,chainsaw, etc.

That's pretty much what I thought, but was curious if the concentration of Techron in Chevron gas was enough to keep the majority of engine deposits at bay and properly lube the upper cylinder walls. I've got no problem dumping in a little Neutra from time to time. Just added some to my lawn Mower on Thursday and the thing ran like the day I bought it. Now to try that leftover can of Moble 1 0w 20 in the mower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back