Got a Marlin 336 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kaboomba
That is super nifty. The ergonomics and heft of those rifles makes them so quick and natural to point--totally great.

Yep, I love the ergos on the 336, especially the pistol grip. It reminds me of the Marlin 1881 Deluxe, which I consider the most graceful of the tube magazine lever rifles.

marlin-1881-deluxe-3.jpg

Of course, the most elegant lever action ever conceived is the Savage 99:

Savage%2099c%20cal%20308,%20DSC_4472.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: twentynine
Bought a 336 in 1981 for $126. Love the gun.

Bought a Marlin 336T (straight grip instead of pistol grip) in 30-30 for $88 in 1976. Still have it and is in perfect condition. I think the stock is real walnut too, unlike the new stuff.

Love the "mico-groove" rifling.
thumbsup2.gif

Not if you shoot lead bullets and want any accuracy. There was a reason why they stopped using the micro-groove and went to ballard. (Plus the Micro does lead worst)

I've got 2 Marlin 1894 CS .357, one with each rifling and big difference with the lead.

Take care, Bill

Looks like Marlin is still using micro-groove rifling in the 336.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/Centerfire/336C.asp

They stopped in the .357, 44mag. They all used to have micro-groove but went to ballard.

The 39 series is still micro-groove.

Your link does not come up for me right now.
21.gif

But I'll still stand with that .357 ballard are much better for lead than the micro-groove!

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
They stopped in the .357, 44mag. They all used to have micro-groove but went to ballard.

The 39 series is still micro-groove.

Your link does not come up for me right now.
21.gif

But I'll still stand with that .357 ballard are much better for lead than the micro-groove!

Probably so ... but nothing a gun cleaning kit can't take care of. I never shoot non-jacketed bullets anyway.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back