Rotella T5 for $11.50 gal at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotella T5 10W-30 Synblend is $11.50 a gallon at my local Walmarts. Last week it was $16.00 a gallon, I consider it a good value now. Rotella 15W-40 is still at $12.00
Do you guys think it wasn't selling to good at $16.00 ?

Would you pay $16 for a gallon of group2 with a splash of group3? I would not. I am certain it is fine oil but for $16 you are getting close to the T6.

Thats exactly what I thought about it at $16.00. Now that it's $11.50 I've decided to try it in my MB 190 Turbo Diesel.

That T5 might be the best oil to use in winter in a (preferably non-leaking) hard-to-start cold IDI Mercedes or VW. If I didn't have a large stash of Valvoline PBX laying around I'd be all over that for $11.50/gallon!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
That T5 might be the best oil to use in winter in a (preferably non-leaking) hard-to-start cold IDI Mercedes or VW. If I didn't have a large stash of Valvoline PBX laying around I'd be all over that for $11.50/gallon!

Come on now oil keeps!!!!
lol.gif

It is $11.50 in Redding Calif also I wonder if it is being discontinued?. The other day I called the local Chevron jobber and the DELO 400 10w-30 costs 16.00 per gallon so the 11.50 is a great price for the Rotella

Picked up two gallons at Wally World to go in daughter's Volvo S70. I really wish I could curb my oil addiction!

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Would you pay $16 for a gallon of group2 with a splash of group3? I would not. I am certain it is fine oil but for $16 you are getting close to the T6.

I agree! That is why I get a HDEO CJ-4 40% synthetic blend from my oil supplier for $9 a gallon... delivered!

I bought Rotella T 0w40 last fall at local UFA. Its synthetic but it has a T not T5 or T6 etc. Can`t find info on this product everything has a # after the T but jug only has T???????
and on jug it doesn`t say its a blend anywhere??????

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: y2k345
I bought Rotella T 0w40 last fall at local UFA. Its synthetic but it has a T not T5 or T6 etc. Can`t find info on this product everything has a # after the T but jug only has T???????
and on jug it doesn`t say its a blend anywhere??????

It must be a USA specific thing. We'd love to have 0w-XX Rotella oils here but so far we'd have to go to Canada AFAIK

I just picked up a gallon this morning for $11.50. I was going to use it in our SuperCharged 3.3l Nissan Xterra 4x4 auto trans. Does anyone have a reason that I shouldnt use it for this application?

Originally Posted By: hooligan24
I just picked up a gallon this morning for $11.50. I was going to use it in our SuperCharged 3.3l Nissan Xterra 4x4 auto trans. Does anyone have a reason that I shouldnt use it for this application?

Nope, toss it in and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back