Hankook Optimo H727

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ordering a set of 4 of these tires from DTD as they have a double rebate on several brands of tires including these Hankooks. ($40.00 til end of NOV 2010 from Hankook and $50.00 til end of OCT 2010 from DTD) for using your DTD Credit Card and, 6 months inerest free payments on orders of $300-$999 to add to the splender of the purchace. If I am able to get both rebates in the proper time frame, the total price will be $337 in the end.

Although the H727's are out of stock right in many sizes including the 205-55-16 for my daughters Mazda3 and, other tire sited do have them in stock, I really hope they come in by the end of OCT to qualify for the DTD $50.00. This $50 will cover my installation cost at W*M!

These tires seem to be getting great reviews from owners on TR & DTD and also testing quite well when measured against other tires of their type from CR. Other websites that I visited had wonderful reviews as well along with some negative comments too, which is to be expected from any product.

Anyone here at BITOG using these tires and would like to comment, please do so! I would love the hear more(pro's & con's).

Thanks,
CB

Last edited:
Yes, they are highly-rated by CR, showing no real major weaknesses. Hankook is generally pretty proud of them, but when you can stack rebates like that, they appear to be a pretty good value.

As I recall, tig1 has experience with the Optimo 725, while this discussion is on the Optimo 727. Different tires, although the same manufacturer.

I've got a set of Hankook Snow tires and for the price, I am extremely happy with their performance.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
As I recall, tig1 has experience with the Optimo 725, while this discussion is on the Optimo 727. Different tires, although the same manufacturer.

I've got a set of Hankook Snow tires and for the price, I am extremely happy with their performance.

The problem with Hankook is their ability to supply tires to the US. I had to waite 3 months to get my tires replaced. The dealer had to put used tires on the rear since the Hankooks where being made by some guy in Asia and shipped over here on some raft.

My advise. Don't buy Hankook tires. There are too many much better choices to choose from. Also their tread mileage warranty is a joke. Their tires won't come close to their promise.

Tig, your experience with an OEM-spec Hankook isn't at all the same as it would have been with the very good H727. The Hankook Dynapro AT tires on the F-150 we have at work are horrid. We've had one blow completely out. I wouldn't buy them on a bet.

But this extreme difference in quality between OEM-spec tires and replacement market tires exists with all manufacturers. Nobody'd buy a Goodyear tire if they formed their opinion only on the Integrity or the Wrangler RT/S. Nobody'd buy a Michelin tire if they formed their opinion only on the Symmetry or Energy LX4. Nobody'd buy a Bridgestone tire if they formed their opinion only on the Turanza EL42 or EL400.

Tire Rack customers are happy with them:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ST

The same cannot be said of the H725 (also in the same chart).

Tire Rack says they have them in stock in the 205/55R16 size. The H727 comes in a speed rating of "T" only, so if the Mazda 3 requires an H-rated tire or better, just be aware of that.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Tig, your experience with an OEM-spec Hankook isn't at all the same as it would have been with the very good H727. The Hankook Dynapro AT tires on the F-150 we have at work are horrid. We've had one blow completely out. I wouldn't buy them on a bet.

But this extreme difference in quality between OEM-spec tires and replacement market tires exists with all manufacturers. Nobody'd buy a Goodyear tire if they formed their opinion only on the Integrity or the Wrangler RT/S. Nobody'd buy a Michelin tire if they formed their opinion only on the Symmetry or Energy LX4. Nobody'd buy a Bridgestone tire if they formed their opinion only on the Turanza EL42 or EL400.

Tire Rack says they have them in stock in the 205/55R16 size. The H727 comes in a speed rating of "T" only, so if the Mazda 3 requires an H-rated tire or better, just be aware of that.

I'll grant you there can be a differance in tire quality within a tire company, but doesn't excuse their poor availibility of their products in the US.

I havent used the tire in question but I have used Hankooks and they have been very good tires.They have wore very well even without rotating them as they should have been.They're all season tires and have gone good in snow and ride very well.

Hankook is also the OEM for Ford and other manufacturers

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Thanks Hokiefyd, I realize the tirerack has them in stock as do two other sites that I frequent, all offering the same Hankook $40 rebate and all sites are within a few bucks of one another(shipped) but, it's the extra $50 rebate that is the selling factor at DTD + 6 months interest free payments on the DTD credit card. And too, I realize that some mazda3's may have "H" rated tires but "T" will be just fine for my daughters driving style as she has Dunlop Signature "T" on the car now and are very noisy. I also realize that the Hankook H727 are a very good riding tire(giving up some handling) but this mazda3 handles so well that, a better riding/quieter tire will actually be a benefit to her driving style

Unfortunatly, the H727's are on backorder for 60-90 days according to their costomer service rep that I spoke with today. I may have to cancel my order(take me off the list).

Although every tire at DTD has this $50 rebate(using the DTD CC til end of OCT) and many of the tire mfg are also offering $20-$60 rebates as well so I may get the Pirelli P4's(which I have for my Altima 2.5s that I use winters only). I really wanted to try the Hankook H727 on her car as she puts on about 20,000+ miles a year and the Kooks are rated for 100K. If she got 70K-80K this would be fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
And too, I realize that some mazda3's may have "H" rated tires but "T" will be just fine for my daughters driving style as she has Dunlop Signature "T" on the car now and are very noisy.

Yeah, I just wanted to mention it because many retailers won't install tires with a lower speed rating than factory. If DT will, then it should be no problem. I'd suck to have them order tires, then realize that they can't install them when they actually arrive.

You may consider either the Michelin Destiny or HydroEdge. Either one should last a good while on a small car (the Destiny is rated for 80,000 miles, and the HydroEdge 90,000 miles). And I think Michelin has a $70 rebate going on. Stacked with the $50 rebate on the DT CC, that's $120 in savings. That may offset the higher initial cost of the Michelins. The Destiny tires are pretty well-siped, so they should provide decent winter performance. Not great probably, but decent. The X Radials on our van (similar tire, sold at Sam's) perform well in the winter, and are excellent tires all around (pardon the pun).

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You got Hankook Optimo H727 ?

No HTSS, not yet, they're on back order at DTD where the best deal is by far due to 2 rebates. Although as I mentioned priviously, I can get them at one of 3 other sites that I frequent and all 3 have them in stock.

oilmaven, what make you say this. Do you have them?

Last edited:
Char...I have 2 sets of them...they're on my 2008 Impala and I just put a set on my 1996 Accord V6. I drove them on the Impala last winter and they were great. I live in a very snowy climate and as Consumer Report commented, they're very good in the snow (they rated them as well as some of the dedicated snow tires they tested). They're also very smooth riding and the quietest tire I've ever owned. I've put almost 25,000 miles on them on the Impala and they've worn beautifully...still look like new. With a "T" rating, there are undoubtedly other tires in higher speed ratings (H or V) that may handle a little better but I find the handling to be very good also. Consumer Reports and the reviews on Tire Rack and Discount Tire back up my experience...people that have them rave about them. I believe they're a real sleeper and the best bang for the buck in tires out there. Like I said, buy this tire...you won't be sorry.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
Char...I have 2 sets of them...they're on my 2008 Impala and I just put a set on my 1996 Accord V6. I drove them on the Impala last winter and they were great. I live in a very snowy climate and as Consumer Report commented, they're very good in the snow (they rated them as well as some of the dedicated snow tires they tested). They're also very smooth riding and the quietest tire I've ever owned. I've put almost 25,000 miles on them on the Impala and they've worn beautifully...still look like new. With a "T" rating, there are undoubtedly other tires in higher speed ratings (H or V) that may handle a little better but I find the handling to be very good also. Consumer Reports and the reviews on Tire Rack and Discount Tire back up my experience...people that have them rave about them. I believe they're a real sleeper and the best bang for the buck in tires out there. Like I said, buy this tire...you won't be sorry.

Bought 4 today. Thank you!

I've put about 6 sets of hankooks on my vehicles,h727's and winter ipikes.
Best snow tires anywhere at any price.
The h727's wear well,and not one puncture or defect yet.
Can't beat them for the price..they are always in stock at discount tire direct.

Originally Posted By: SkyGod
I've put about 6 sets of hankooks on my vehicles,h727's and winter ipikes.
Best snow tires anywhere at any price.
The h727's wear well,and not one puncture or defect yet.
Can't beat them for the price..they are always in stock at discount tire direct.

They're not in stock right now at DTD! They are on back order(60-90 days) in almost every size. DTD has the best price as I have already stated earlier. All tire brands getting the DTD $50 rebate til end of OCT using the DTD CC w/ 6 mo interest free payments + $20-$60 rebate til end of NOV on most tire brands but not all.

Supposedly DTD has the Hankook Optimo H727 in again but I already got mine from TR and installed today. They're nice. Much better than the Dunlop Signature which were very loud and sounded like there was bad wheel bearings. The Hankook's are at least as quiet as any tire we have had. These are for my daughters Mazda3. Not life altering but very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back