Lubegard engine additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this product is any good I have heard some good things about it and that it blends with the oil and just improves the oil. I have a 2010 F150 and use the Ford syn blend 5w-20 in it and change it every 4000-4500 miles. I hear that lubegard makes a great oil additive and is worth while. What are your thoughts out there.

LG products are good. But the blue-bottle oil addative will not really do anything normal oil won't, unless you are using it for really severe duty stuff (lots of towing, etc.). Their transmission products are great.

Good stuff, it aids in cleaning, reducing friction, and is polar in nature helping oil to cling to metal parts. A little expensive, but a good product from a solid company.

Thanks for the info I do tow a lot and some days make a good number of short trips. I have thought about the trans additive I have heard alot of good about it, but very little about the engine additive.

I love Lubegard products. They have worked very well for me especially PSF protectant and ATF additives. However, I don't think you should mix this additive into a synthetic oil.

In each of my application where I've used lubegard I used it with mineral or semi-synthetic oils. I don't think there is any benefit of adding it to a good synthetic fluid.

Originally Posted By: fordrenegade
Thanks for the info I do tow a lot and some days make a good number of short trips. I have thought about the trans additive I have heard a lot of good about it, but very little about the engine additive.

If you like Lubegard transmission additive, one guy is selling it for $14.99 free shipping on Ebay, for Platinum Universal Flush & Protect Performance Pack Part# 89010, which sold for about $26 plus shipping elsewhere. I bought 1 few minutes ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270645590757&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Originally Posted By: fordrenegade
Thanks for the info I do tow a lot and some days make a good number of short trips. I have thought about the trans additive I have heard alot of good about it, but very little about the engine additive.

I had some email exchanges, and a conversation with a tech guy about their Bio Tech Engine Protectant. He was very honest in answering questions. I felt the product has some value, and wasn't a snake oil. If you are undecided I'd suggest calling or emailing them. JMO

I never used their engine product but their transmission products are top shelf.
Lubeuard is definitely not a snake oil company,they make a high quality product.I would trust their products to be well researched,tested,documented and factual.

Thanks for all the feedback. I work aircraft engines the most and dont keep up much with the things that come along for cars and light trucks.
I use the Ford Motorcraft 5w-20 synthetic blend like my truck came with and so far no problems. I also use wix filters so I think the two are a good combination and I change the oil around 4500 miles .

I did some research on this one a little while back when it was recommended by a member who's opinion on additives I respect. It looked promising, but I haven't been able to find it locally to try it myself or justify further research on. I've since shelved it on the small list of promising additives, but ones to be looked at further once sourcing it is first established. Meantime I'll be following this thread.

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
I did some research on this one a little while back when it was recommended by a member who's opinion on additives I respect. It looked promising, but I haven't been able to find it locally to try it myself or justify further research on. I've since shelved it on the small list of promising additives, but ones to be looked at further once sourcing it is first established. Meantime I'll be following this thread.

-Spyder

I've seen it at both Carquest and Napa, among other less-known places.

Finding it in stores is hit or miss around here. NAPA can get it, and there are online sources for it.

I bought some Lubegard Engine Flush and ATF Protectant from Amazon and the seller Midway has the lowest price.

If you're looking for Bio/Tech Engine Protectant, the price is $10 plus $3.95 shipping. If you buy several items from the same seller then the shipping will be less for other items.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Amazon will ship that to Canada. They have really odd rules on what they will and won't ship - parts are no problem, but when I tried ordering Redline fuel system cleaner, they wouldn't ship it to Canada.

I haven't seen it on the shelves at the NAPAs here, but the "good" Napa (the ones who carry the POR-15 and LM mos2 products I buy, and know when they see me coming its going to be for some esoteric, by the standards here, product that will send them hunting the dusty back shelves in search of it) may carry it, or will order it in for me so long as NAPA Canada sells it.

Anyone know off hand the Napa product code? (this was how I found LM mos2 last time, since they had no clue what I was talking about).

-Spyder

I wouldn't hesitate to try it, I'm tempted to try it myself. Lubegard is a very respectable company.

I'd imagine they formulate Bio-Tech with a similar mentality of their ATF products, which they claim no Chlorinated Hydrocarbons, etc.

If the Bio-Tech is the same, it should be suitable for full interval use.

Please update this thread if you give it a try. I will update if I try it as well.

So the LUBEGARD Bio/Tech Engine Oil Protectant is about $12~$15 for the 15 ounce bottle. How much better oil could you buy for that additional money and forgo the snake oil?

Unless I'm dealing with a specific problem (like using Auto-Rx for cleaning), I'd always rather put the money into buying better oil. I do not know how to home-brew oil plus miracle additive as good as an oil company chemist can mix a superior oil at the same total cost to me.

I dunno, but the LubeGard folks have been giving everybody a schooling for some time now. The tranny goops they make are worth their weight in gold.

As far as the engine oil treatment: that stuff positively gave my car a little teeny bit more zip when i used it three years ago.

Is it worth 12-15 bucks? Not to me. I use the best oil I can find and use it up. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back