2006 Lexus RX400H (Hybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend's 2004 Lexus RX330 was totaled by a falling tree during a tornado. We found her an '06 RX400H (Hybrid) AWD with 58k miles for a good price. Anything to look out for, anything I need to know about the Hybrid system/batteries. Will I need to replace them at 100k miles? How long d they last? Any special services done that are not normally done on a non-hybrid? CVT transmission, Differential, transfer case in this car has a drain plug?

How reliable is this RX400H?

Last edited:
It requires no special service other than if there is an electric inverter, the coolant will need to be changed, uses the same coolant as for the ICE. I wouldn't worry about the hybrid battery, there are many Prius vehicles that have over 300k on the hybrid battery. The weak point in the Prius is actually the 12v battery, which we have been replacing with a yellow-top Optima. Can't speak for the reliabiltiy of the rest of the vehicle as far as every little electronic farkle, but the powertrain should be as reliable as any. My Prius has not been in for repair once in almost 60k, all I've done is change the oil, a set of tires, tranny fluid once, and it just keeps rolling along at 50 mpg smoother than the day I bought it.

Originally Posted By: montero1
It requires no special service other than if there is an electric inverter, the coolant will need to be changed, uses the same coolant as for the ICE. I wouldn't worry about the hybrid battery, there are many Prius vehicles that have over 300k on the hybrid battery. The weak point in the Prius is actually the 12v battery, which we have been replacing with a yellow-top Optima. Can't speak for the reliabiltiy of the rest of the vehicle as far as every little electronic farkle, but the powertrain should be as reliable as any. My Prius has not been in for repair once in almost 60k, all I've done is change the oil, a set of tires, tranny fluid once, and it just keeps rolling along at 50 mpg smoother than the day I bought it.

How would I know if there is an electric inverter on it?

You have one- remove the plastic cover on the drivers side, that's it. I wouldn't worry about it. Get the fluid changed, drive it til it explodes.....it never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back