Thoughts on 0w-30 year round in 6.0L PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
As cold as it gets in your area, I can see the use of a 0w-30.

I would not worry about the "heat" of summer; a 30 grade will be just fine in your area.

As I have said before, my neighbor uses dino 10w-30 in his 6.0L PSD in our area year round, and it gets into the high 90 deg F range in our area. I use it in my Dmax year round as well, including pulling my travel trailer in summer in the heat of the plain states. Both of us have seen fine performance as verified with UOAs.

i agree, i also have a 6.0 with uoa's posted here. i have been running 10w-30 all year around with excellent results.
i really don't see an issue with you using 0w-30, i would track with uoa's just to make sure it doesn't shear below 30wt.(9.5 vis cs100c).

if you go to the uoa section you will find many xw-30 uoa's for the powerstroke and other diesels

I am currently switching back to stock injectors, so it will be off the road for the next week until the parts come in. I have a feeling the first UOA may see elevated fuel dilution as the larger aftermarket injectors took a [censored] last week, she was dumping lots of smoke on moderate acceleration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back