grease gun problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel pretty stupid asking this, but i have 3 lever style guns and cant get them to work. When I load a new tube of grease, and then release the rod, nothing happens. I can just pump the lever and no grease comes out. Its almost like the rubber plunger isnt moving at all, bc when I take it back apart it looks like the metal rod is going all the way through the grease tube but the plunger is staying on the bottom and not getting any pressure on the tube of grease.

I got so frusterated, I went and bought a new pistol style grease gun and it works great. Are my other ones broken or am I doign something wrong?

Last edited:
You probably have to carefully unscrew the end where the lever is just enough bleed out the air that is trapped. Unscrew the end too much and there will be a grease mess!!!

Yes its air bound.Pull the rod back and unscrew the top,leave it on by a just a couple of threads then release the rod.Leave it like that about 20 min the screw the top on all the way,it should work fine.

thanks guys, I will give it a try. I figured I was doing something wrong as i doubted all 3 guns stopped workign at the same time

I'm having a simliar problem with a new Linclon pistol grip grease gun. I loaded and bled it according to directions. If I try to pull the plunger out the grease comes out the hole where the rod is, and is extremely hard to pull out. I'll probably waste half a tube of grease pulling the rod back out.

I've tried bleeding it again, removed the head from the gun and no luck. There is a fresh full tube of Amsoil grease in the gun. The lousy part in all of this is there is a one year warranty, and the gun has been sitting new in the box for 2 years now. I had it for a back up. I'm not happy would be an understatement.

Funny thing is I can unscrew the head from the gun with the plunger in and no grease comes out.

Grease guns hate me. They get grease all over me and not into the nipples.

As said above, the grease gun is air bound. Try bleeding the air out as described. Or try letting the gun sit with the lever out and the outlet up. Or pump it slowly with the lever out more than in and the outlet up spitting grease everywhere. Grease guns hate me.

If you were a bit stronger you could be your own diesel engine.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back