What MMO FUEL Dose Have You Found to Work Best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMC

I'm using the recommended 4oz/10gal, I'm then going to work up from that level and down also and note engine performance changes.

Does anyone have their discovered best dose?

I found that beyond a point, my MPGs dropped quick.

I figure that any car will run fine with none. Too much isnt a good thing, so less is more. Beyond that it is fairly arbitrary.

I use the recommended 4 oz, to 10 gallons of fuel, it gives the best MPG improvement and also my truck seems to get the best performance and benefit out of the UCL properties of MMO at that dose. It took some experimentation with different amounts of MMO to figure out the best and most beneficial dose though.

Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo
What does "best" mean?

"best Performance" "best fuel mpg" "best fuel system cleaning"

I'm sure every engine has it's own "personality" and adding MMO slightly above or below the recommended dose may yield better results.

Now for me and my Ford 3.0L DOHC, the 4oz/10gal seems to make the engine ever so slightly sluggish, I'm going to lower it down on the next tank full 2oz/10gal and see the response.

Originally Posted By: FMC
Now for me and my Ford 3.0L DOHC, the 4oz/10gal seems to make the engine ever so slightly sluggish, I'm going to lower it down on the next tank full 2oz/10gal and see the response.

Try 3 ounces and work down from there. 2 ounces in 10 gallons of gas is a 640:1 ratio, which is very little IMO. How long have you been using MMO?

I use a franken blend of MMO and TCW3 that works well. I always low ball any additives and get better mileage that way.

More is not always better!

My 02 Z06 said if you ever poison me with that 'stuff', in any dose again, I'm going to shoot at least 1 rod right thru the block.*

disclaimer* I love MMO-since 1976, but the Corvette does not. Duely noted

Steve

8oz in a 17gal tank for my 03 Buick (new engine with about 6k mi on it).

Not only does it seem peppier in town but my gas mileage has improved substantially. 300mi of in town driving on one tankful driving very aggressively. I'd be lucky to get 250 out of a tankful before driving conservatively (i.e. like a granny). Now I can drive it harder and get slightly better gasmileage.

I saw no effect at 4oz/10. I tried less and then decided to try more. More works for me.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: FMC

Try 3 ounces and work down from there. 2 ounces in 10 gallons of gas is a 640:1 ratio, which is very little IMO. How long have you been using MMO?

3rd time, started with a mistake of 4oz/19gal, then realized on the second tank to do 8oz/19gal, this time is the 3rd tank at 8oz/19gal, I refill with about 1 - 1 1/2 gal left.

Originally Posted By: steve20
My 02 Z06 said if you ever poison me with that 'stuff', in any dose again, I'm going to shoot at least 1 rod right thru the block.*

disclaimer* I love MMO-since 1976, but the Corvette does not. Duely noted

Steve

What did you experience with using MMO in that vette ? How much was used?

In my experience, MMO has done nothing for my modern EFI engines but my carb'd engines seem to love it.

I have tried different doses in my Altima 2.5 S and my wifes Lexus RX and I notice nothing beneficial in smoothness/quietness or MPG. But, the carb'd engines('80 Firebird FORMULA 4bbl V8, various lawn mowers/snow blowers) all seem to start and run better with a consistancy that I can't explain. Especially the older equipment or should I say, as they age.

Originally Posted By: buickman50401
8oz in a 17gal tank for my 03 Buick (new engine with about 6k mi on it).
Did DexCrud kill your first engine? Was it a 3800? Did the bearings wash out? Timing chain break?

Did a few treatments only and stuck to 4 ounces in 10 gallons. MMO is hard to get here so I'm back to TC-W3, which seems to work just as well.

-Spyder

I increased the dose to 6oz/10gal and it seems to be better, I realize (more is not always better).

I use a sloppy 4 ounce/10 gal. I give an old Lucas bottle filled with MMO or TCW3 a good hand squirt and then measure it afterwards.
So 3-5 is what it ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back