Changed oil pan gasket/**with PICS of Sump**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always left over oil in the pan after an oil change. Just curious what was at the bottom of the oil pan? Any black clumps or wear metals in there?

Last edited:
For the record, here is my 2000 4.0 engine that has never seen synthetic oil, and was an abused Ford Lease return truck that now has 130K

SOHCChains007.jpg

Originally Posted By: BBDartCA
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
You needed a pan gasket at just 42K?

Its a Ford.

That's a rather ridiculous statement. My old 4.0L still has the original pan gasket (1997 Explorer) and has ~320,000Km on it now (almost 200,000 miles).

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: BBDartCA

Its a Ford.

That's a rather ridiculous statement. My old 4.0L still has the original pan gasket (1997 Explorer) and has ~320,000Km on it now (almost 200,000 miles).

I think he was kidding...

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
For the record, here is my 2000 4.0 engine that has never seen synthetic oil, and was an abused Ford Lease return truck that now has 130K

SOHCChains007.jpg

what kind of intervals were you running? looks amazing

Truck was 3 1/2 years old when I bought it. I have used conventional (cheap) oil and changed it every 4 months or 3 to 4 K miles. That pic was taken last summer. Last fall I installed M1 for the fisrt time ever. Plan to go one year OCI with 7K-8K miles max

There was nothing sitting on the bottom of the pan, it was free of any sort of debree. Also to the person who commented on having to replace a oil pan gasket at 42K....I did not have to top off between oil changes, so it wasnt really a must do asap job. But it was slowly leaking, decided to be proactive about it, plus it gave me a chance to post some pics on BITOG
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I hope you didn't double-gasket the next filter you installed...
wink.gif

Ahhh yes, the gasket came off the oil filter and stuck there, I noticed that after I took the picture. This was the first time the gasket ever came off the oil filter for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back