Valvoline 5W40 MST in Gasoline Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
The Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic 5w40 MST will meet the Volkswagen performance standards 502.00, 505.00, and 505.01

Ask them if they know why BMW and MB advise against the use of this MST oil in their gasoline engines in the US. And do they realize that this in fact means that Valvoline doesn't have a suitable oil for these engines available at the retail level.

Attached is a copy of the product information sheet for the Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic Oils. Listed on this information sheet is the approval specifications for the MST and HST product. The approvals include both gasoline and diesel engine specifications.

Yes, we all know the PDS. But it clearly shows that only 5w-40 HST carries the official MB 229.3/229.5 and BMW LL-01 approvals. And as somebody else pointed out, 5w-40 HST is not available at retail level.

Sorry my cut and paste was not complete. That was most of the response I received from Valvoline when I sent them an email stating basically what you asked me to ask them. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back