Updates to three Amsoil bulletins (TSB's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny's right. That labeling looks very nice. Big improvement.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Chrysler 6395N is a 20 grade oil IIRC.

Can you post a spec or something? I thought it was for 20 and 30. Old Amsoil XL had it for 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30.

Havoline and others show even show 6395N for 40's!

I'm going from the owners manual, they call for 5W20 only, no other options. If you go to the Mobil site and plug in the info they suggest 0W20 and 5W20, no 30 grade oils. IIRC Amsoil is the only company that suggests either a 20 or a 30 grade oil. I know both will work, but the 30 is not spec'd by the mfg.

Correction M1 5W30 does not meet the Chrysler spec, but the 0w30 does. Confusing since Chrylser offers no other choices in viscosity for the 08-10 3.7L engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Amsoil is the only company that suggests either a 20 or a 30 grade oil.

No. They aren't.

http://www.havoline.com/na/docs/Havoline_Synthetic_Motor_Oil_PDS.pdf

I'll refrain from my usual commentary, because I freely admit I have never see the Chrysler 6395N specification and you did add the M1 0W-30 correction. It took me less time to find that Havoline .pdf link than the time it took you to write "Amsoil is the only company........"

Thanks!

What I'm trying to understand is if the vehicle only lists one grade of oil. In this case a 20 grade, and they have a spec they require 6395N, why do certain oil companies list 2 grades of oil that meet that spec?

I called Chrysler and they were adamant that I only use 5W20 in my Jeep. I wish I would have recorded the conversation.

I didn't check Havoline but I'll take your word that the 40 grade lists the 6395N spec as well, it makes no sense.

I'm gonna back off on the 40 comment. I think that was old/wrong ju-ju. All I see are 20's and 30's.

Not sure. Would LOVE to have access to all the oil specifications for all the makes. Would that not be a treasure trove for BITOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back