Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wonder if MON is well-priced at this point.

Don't try to catch a falling knife!

True but the support seems decent at $45. Getting there if we have a couple of decent down days.

This may sound stupid and you'll probably say to yourself "Why would I buy it for more than it's currently trading at". Well because this strategy will keep you from buying the falling knife that is in freefall. Here goes....Usually a falling knife won't make it past resistance and the next resistance is 48.85...so if you put in a buy order just above it...say 49.00 it will help protect you from buying something that may have some bad news to announce that may cause it to open up one day much lower. And if it continues down you just adjust your buy/stop order to the next resistance.

Understood. Thanks!

My logic was that the deepest resistance is 45, so if I put in a limit buy at 45 or so, then that is probably the lowest that it will go on whatever other bad news might hit it.

It is an attempt to catch a bottom. I can always adjust my price up if it bottoms higher and I miss it.

Kind of the same, just setting a low buy price to catch near bottom if possible, right?

Don't you mean support at 45? Looking at a long term it's been on a bull run from 2003 to 2008..but is breaking down now. Should have held support around 67 but broke that. Lets see if 45 holds.

I'm more on the IBD bandwagon. I don't shop the bargain basement so much. I select solid companies that break up with volume. MON may be OK. I put it on my watch list. When and if it breaks with volume, I will buy.

That said, I rarely buy IPO's but the wife talked me into CCSC. Sweet.

Not trusting this market....it was up almost 140 and ended closing up about half that. Alot of stocks were actually down while the market was up.... smells fishy.

A lot of good stocks up a lot, though. Market is still in a confirmed rally. And I left my all time portfolio high in the dust awhile ago.

But I hear you. I tightened up some of my trailing stop limits.

Long in FAZ.

Markets are confused. I'm surprised this foreclosure mess hasn't sent markets lower.

The biggest concern long term is jobs. If the R's regain some control, I'd like to see a substantial tax cut and being spending will most likely always be the same or growing, we could see a little boom some time in 2011. Call it the Obama boom. Or the dollar collapses, markets collapse, banks collapse and we see martial law.

Confusing market....It's selling into the rallies and buying on the dips (both).
crazy2.gif

All I can say is I'm making money. Picking good companies and letting them run. They then get good press and institutional buyers and whammo I'm up big time. Then I sell some. This year was supposed to be so-so, but I think the election is the key....I'm not complaining.

I did get thrown out of some positions early last week - none were a loss! My trailing stops worked, but a couple I bought back into. Others are still dogging it, so bye-bye.

I've been really lucky with LINE and others.

My only true dog is HE. But I don't want to sell it. If it comes down more, I'll double my holdings.

Contrary to Buster, I hold FNFG long.

fraud to keep the prices suppressed??!? Thats pretty big, usually it would be the other way around.

If PMs continue their climb, it'll dramatically hurt the Fed and the big Wall Street banks. Trying to suppress the PM market will help keep the charade going.

Posted on 8-17

Originally Posted By: cmhj
Likely chop for a couple weeks and pop again.

Swing system gave another winning projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back