Fram Synthetic Motor Oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was going to see about ordering some oil for my van. I wanted something different that you can't find in stores, Like Eneos or something like that. And i came across Fram Motor Oil. Fran Motor Oil? I did not know there was such a thing. And i can't find it on there website or anywhere else. And its even a synthetic. What is this madness!!!

http://www.amazon.com/FRAM-1057025-Full-Synthetic-Motor/dp/B0040J1IYO

Anyone with any info on this?

Last edited:
Well, at least its from a repituable company. I should have noticed that
33.gif

But sitll, givin the overwhelming market share of fram filters, You would think that you would see this on shelves. I have never seen it before.

I betcha it will sell like wild fire once people catch on. The general public love Fram. Conoco Phillips is good oil, though,

and if you'll notice, it the same shaped bottle as motorcraft and kendall..

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
Do the bottles have cardboard end caps?

No but each bottle has a [censored] filter in it.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
I betcha it will sell like wild fire once people catch on. The general public love Fram.

They do indeed, though I'll never understand why. I suppose that given so many people are terrible for having OCs done when they should be (and checking fluid levels), a fresh OCOD with their orange bottled oil is a step up from not changing it at all.

-Spyder

I'm guessing the FRAM filters sell so well is due to their name and prescense. Honeywell has lots of money to throw at advertising and SHELF SPACE in the big box retailers....shelf space is money, FRAM/Honeywell actually pays for it :p And well, in that area, the likes of WIX and such (other quality, bargain filters) have nothing against when it comes to "bidding" for shelf space against the likes of Fram/Honeywell.....

Just my take anyways :)

But yea, my Local WM has like 80% FRAMs.....there's a couple Mopar filters, some of the more common Motorcrafts, and then a couple shelves of SuperTech(Champion Labs?) filters....but that's about it....majority, FRAM.

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
I betcha it will sell like wild fire once people catch on. The general public love Fram.

They do indeed, though I'll never understand why.

Name recognition. Same thing with the Homelite [censored] that still gets sold at the box stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back