How come there are no more wiper blade inserts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Even in the aftermarket, it seems that only Anco is offering refills for their own wipers, such as the Aerovantage wiper and the Series 31 wiper.

Nope! Bosch and Valeo also offer inserts. Thats with a quick search, there may be more.

It is CLEAR that the manufacturers and stores DO NOT want to sell the refills only....

And I, the customer, WANT to buy the refills!

The local O'Reilly's told me that they will start stocking ANCO refills, for ANCO wipers. Trico has a large number of Tridon refills in their catalog, but none of the chain auto parts stores out here (Napa, Carquest, AZ, O'R) carry them.

The only times I've changed the entire wiper is when they look bad. As in paint flaking, fading, rusting, etc. This is usually every time.

Maybe if they made something decent that didn't look awful after a year or 2, I would use inserts. So far, I haven't found much that look OK in the Florida heat/sun, even when attempting to take care of them.

That said, the last RainX wipers I bought for my truck seem to look pretty good after 1.5 years, but it sits in the garage quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Even in the aftermarket, it seems that only Anco is offering refills for their own wipers, such as the Aerovantage wiper and the Series 31 wiper.

Nope! Bosch and Valeo also offer inserts. Thats with a quick search, there may be more.

Saw that Bosch does indeed stock refills, along with wipers, covering more than 250 part numbers!
http://www.tirereview.com/Article/78067/bosch_releases_new_wiper_blade_catalog.aspx

Too bad the refills won't be available for easy purchase at the local parts store.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: grampi
It's much easier replacing the entire assembly as opposed to trying to thread just the blade into the old wiper arm. Why would you want to do that anyway? It isn't like the new metal piece is somehow inferior to the original.

Why? Simple, to save money.

The entire assembly can be had for the same or less money, so how are you saving money by just buying the inserts?

I suppose if you buy the cheap complete assembly and compare it to the quality insert. How bout comparing quality to quality, in other words apples to apples.

Just checked pricing and 2 refills can be bought for the price on 1 complete assemble, same brand, same make, same model.

To me I am comparing apples to apples. I've tried the expensive blades and the cheap blades and I see no difference. The expensive ones don't wipe any better, or last any longer. The only thing I see they do is cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back