Ford Focus Bigger Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGR

Hi,
I have found a lot of bigger filters for my Dakota, But have had no luck for the wife's Focus.

Is there a bigger oil filter for a Ford 2001 DOHC Zetec 2.0 Motor? I realize that clearance may be an issue. Thanks for any and all help.

The Purolator filter finder shows the PL/L 20195 and it's 4.74 inches long, that's not exactly a "short" filter.

Though not as big as Dakota, for a 4 cylinder a fairly good size filter. Bigger than any standard Accord or Altima.

Part Number: L20195
Specifications:
Anti-Drain Back Valve Yes
O.D. 2.98
Thread Pitch UNF-2B
Type of Filter Spin-on
Height 4.74
Relief Valve P.S.I. 12-15
Threads 3/4-16

I think it is the PL25230. I have never used a Purolator just Motorcraft FL-400S and Napa Gold 51315. I just found an old Motorcraft FL-2005, we are going to try that. These are all standard sizes, nothing oversized. Would a FL-1A fit her car?

Sayjac-Thank you for the information, I will look into this.

Last edited:
Is the filter location the same on the Zetec as it is on the Duratec? Because I know on mine if I put too much longer of a filter on it it would be sticking below the frame right in the open to smack on any curb, rock, or pothole.

Her's is on the rear/side of the engine. So, I do not think that that would be an issue.

That wasn't an oversize, the PL/L 20195 is what is the standard filter for that model according to the Puro filter finder.

There is no PL25230 according to the Purolator listing.

Wix listing is the 51315, which is about the same length as the Puro. Decent size, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back