Pennzoil Platinum vs Mobil 1 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Are we talking about the Mobil 1 extended performance with the goldish labeling that says guaranteed 15,000 mile performance?

If so what kind of filter lasts 15k?

If your engine is clean to start with, any quality filter will do. My friend does 15K with EP and uses the M1 filter. 03 Ford Windstar. Last oil change we cut it apart and the filter looked great with no sign of grit or sludge.

If the Mobil 1 Extended Protection is better i am surely going with that next oil change, even if i don't keep it in there 15k.

I can easily change the filter on my v6 and only lose about a half a quart or whats in the filter, so i could go 15k on the oil and change the filter halfway through.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
If the Mobil 1 Extended Protection is better i am surely going with that next oil change, even if i don't keep it in there 15k.

I can easily change the filter on my v6 and only lose about a half a quart or whats in the filter, so i could go 15k on the oil and change the filter halfway through.

Look at a VOA of the EP and the HM. They look nearly identical. Staggeringly so. Both are awesome but it begs the question, why buy EP when you can buy the HM version for 5 bucks cheaper? I wish I could show you that thread I seen here not too long ago where they had two VOA's, one of M1 EP and the other of M1 HM and they really were as close to identical as I've ever seen. Heck, I've seen a bigger difference from the same oil from one batch to the other. Don't get me wrong, EP is awesome. I just think that HM is just as awesome, just cheaper. ;P

They are both fine products. As with another poster here, I lean toward SOPUS based on better pricing in my region and therefore run PP. If it were reversed, I'd run Mobil 1.

-Spyder

Thinking about running Royal Purple 5w-30 with a Royal Purple filter for 12 months / 10k miles.

Any of you recommend Royal Purple over Mobil 1 HM?

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: daman
Nothing wrong with M1 i'd run the HM formula tho,and nothing wrong with PP or PUfine oil too,take your pick can't go wrong.

Both are great oils. I personally go with PP because its an everyday price of $20.50 at Walmart and I do lean towards sopus products. If you have been running M1 without a problem whats to consider?

What's to consider is that PP PU is a fine oil and could be used in place of M1 no problem sleep good at night feeling.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Nothing wrong with M1 i'd run the HM formula tho,and nothing wrong with PP or PUfine oil too,take your pick can't go wrong.

Both are great oils. I personally go with PP because its an everyday price of $20.50 at Walmart and I do lean towards sopus products. If you have been running M1 without a problem whats to consider?

What's to consider is that PP PU is a fine oil and could be used in place of M1 no problem sleep good at night feeling.

+1. Two of the best oils for the average grocery getter there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back