May have found something that actually works??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

My '96 Camry 2.2 likes to leak a lot of oil, mainly after I'm done driving and it is parked in my driveway overnight lol

Anyway, I've tried different "stop leak" products in the past, and nothing has ever worked. So while browsing my LubroMoly brochure, I figured I'd try a can of "Motor Oil Saver"

Though I have no long term reports, I can say that after 3 days of driving with it in my engine, the spot in my driveway is a lot smaller. I'm hoping that it stays that way lol

Here is a before and after pictures of what is left behind after being parked overnight

Before...
IMG00374.jpg

and after...
IMG00376.jpg

Look like it's working in slow down the leak, may be in 2-3 weeks it'll stop the leak completely. Where did you buy LubroMoly Motor Oil Saver ? at Napa ?

My '94 LS400 consumes about 1/2 qt in 3-4k miles since new, I may try this LubroMoly when I change oil next month.

Hi!

These pictures are showing really good improvements. You can also try a motor oil with a higher viscosity...if you find yourself without the motor oil saver.

Because that's what the additive does...it increases viscosity. You can try a diesel motor oil that is API rated for gasoline engines. I use Delvac 1300 Super 15w-40 on my 1996 Toyota Tacoma. I have been using this same oil ever since I bought the car from my dad in high school. That would be...like 6 or so years. haha.

It has 427,098 miles on the original engine and drivetrain. Been using Delvac 1300 for over 300,000 miles. Works for me. It may work for you. Give it a shot! oh and btw, I simply use this because I can get it like across the street. Any diesel oil that is rated for gasoline engines would work quite well.

I got it from Napa. The oil is leaking from... Well, where to start. The rear main is leaking for sure, not sure if the head gasket is leaking or what but there is oil on the back side (firewall side) under the intake manifold and down the back of the engine. I think it also leaks a little bit on the front cover.

I'm Motor Oil Saver myself, and it has successfully stopped exhaust smoke caused by valve seals. It is an excellent product, which actually rejuvenates the seals instead of just making the oil thicker. TÜV tested to boot!
thumbsup2.gif
Give it about 500 miles to do its job.

I know, its frustrating. I remember back before joining BITOG searching everywhere for Redline fuel system cleaner and it was nowhere to be found. I tried ordering it from amazon.com and they wouldn't ship it to Canada. So I gave up and bought Regane at CT.

Maybe next summer I'll do a road trip to the US and pack my trunk full of the wish list of stuff I've been looking for but can't find here. I suspect I'll wind up coming back towing a U-Haul.

-Spyder

I searched SLC Utah area, parts of Idaho and Montana on my trip, not a single NAPA carried any Lubromoly products. I have the worst luck with this stuff...
21.gif

Welcome to the club. When I decided to switch to syn my original top choice was MaxLife full synthetic - only to find that it was no longer on the shelves anywhere and had been pulled from the Canadian market. PP wound up being on sale for half price, I bought that and it hasn't disappointed. So I call it a wash on that one. Its frustrating though.

The most luck I had was with my Scangauge II. The Canadian distributor sells it for $10 less than the US website price, and he throws in free certified Express post shipping. I had it in 2 business days with confirmation e-mails right from the order until it arrived, along with a phone call to confirm my address before he shipped. Best customer service I've ever experienced anywhere, by far.

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I searched SLC Utah area, parts of Idaho and Montana on my trip, not a single NAPA carried any Lubromoly products. I have the worst luck with this stuff...
21.gif

I don't see why it would be a big deal to have it shipped there? Say if you wanted a bunch of LubroMoly stuff from napa, paypal a user in the US and have them buy it and ship it? I wouldn't have a problem doing that. I don't know what shipping between the US and Canada is like though. I may be too expensive?

Not to sound like I'm jumping on the LM bandwagon, but so far I've been very happy with their Mos2 additive, their Jectron and Valve Kleen products (both of which contain PEA) and now I'm having fairly good luck with the Oil Saver.

Just like Vince the ShamWow guy says...

"Made in Germany, you know the Germans always make good stuff"

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back