DMO for John Deere 4440 and 4450 also 4020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own JD 4020, 4440 and 4450 and want to use DMO 15w40 in summer and 0w40for winter. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
The JD 404 and 466 will do just fine on those two viscosities. Great tractors, they seem to run forever with proper maintenance. Do the 44's have the poweshift of quad-range transmission?

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
The JD 404 and 466 will do just fine on those two viscosities. Great tractors, they seem to run forever with proper maintenance. Do the 44's have the poweshift of quad-range transmission?

4440 has quad and 4450 is power shift

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
The 15 speed powershift is nice.

Any issues with brake chatter in either one?

Brake chatter??

Guess not. The JD brakes can really chatter/grind at low speeds with high loads if the torque fluid doesn't have the right friction modifiers.

Chevron, Mobil, Shell oil are the big 3 #4 = Petro can.
13.gif
Actually a HDEO is what you want to use. A diesel motor oil is a different application. Brake chatter is from not using the proper spec. transmission, hydraulic fluid [THF] that has proper friction modifiers for the wet brakes.

Originally Posted By: y2k345
I own JD 4020, 4440 and 4450 and want to use DMO 15w40 in summer and 0w40for winter. Any recommendations?

If these are the products you are refering to I think they look good on paper.

http://www.wetaskiwincoop.com/petroleum/Products/product_list_dmo.htm

Depending on how fast you accumulate hours I would try and run 1 lubricant year round. Locally we have farmers running the same equipment on 30wt, 10w-30 or 15w-40 mostly driven by price per barrel. I've noticed more straight 30wt barrels lately some labeled JD.

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles

If these are the products you are refering to I think they look good on paper.

http://www.wetaskiwincoop.com/petroleum/Products/product_list_dmo.htm

Depending on how fast you accumulate hours I would try and run 1 lubricant year round. Locally we have farmers running the same equipment on 30wt, 10w-30 or 15w-40 mostly driven by price per barrel. I've noticed more straight 30wt barrels lately some labeled JD.

I`m a UFA guy

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BobFout
What about Deere's 0w40 year-round?

Who makes it for them?

Dunno if anyone knows for sure.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
What about Deere's 0w40 year-round?

Thats fine BUT...that stuff is not cheap!!!

Per the MSDS J-D 0W-40 is made by ESSO Canda.

Their 0-40 is a good year-round product. J-D says "When used in John Deere engines with John Deere filters, drain intervals may increase 50 percent over operator's manual recommendations."
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back