I Got A Sig P220

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a Sig P220 .45 from a Family friend in Arizona, had it transfered here. The gun was fired once, comes in the factory box, is basically brand new. Comes with 3 8 round magazines. I am picking it up tommorow and maybee I'll go to the range and put 200 rounds through it. I paid 625 dollars for the weapon, plus 35 to transfer it, and 25 in shipping. Good deal.

Last edited:
We need pics
20.gif

Originally Posted By: defektes
I just purchased a Sig P220 .45 from a Family friend in Arizona, had it transfered here. The gun was fired once, comes in the factory box, is basically brand new. Comes with 3 8 round magazines. I am picking it up tommorow and maybee I'll go to the range and put 200 rounds through it. I paid 625 dollars for the weapon, plus 35 to transfer it, and 25 in shipping. Good deal.

edfektes,
Congratulations on your newest toy for the year!! You got it for a fantastic price as you know in California you would have paid much more for the same model. Now all you need is money for ammo.

Durango

Will post pics tommorow.

Durango, tell me about it. I have been looking all over for .45 ammunition. Especially wal-mart, I want to pick up 250 UMC remington for the range. I was able to snag 4 boxes of winchester range ammo for 20 a box at bass pro. I am tempted to order 300 rounds from cabellas for 165 plus shipping and tax, it is on back order but according to them it takes 3 weeks to get it to you. I want to stock up on everything before that new handgun ammo law takes into effect next year. 1 box per month and finger prints, screw that.

defektes,

For now the UMC ammo is fine uz all you need be interested in is reliability first. Either case I know the Bass Pro store you go to cuz that's the best for anything you need in a one stop store.

If you need ammo consider too Ammo Bros. located off the 15 freeway south between the 10 and the 60 freeways in the future.

Have fun shooting your new toy!!!!

Durango

sig008.jpg

sig005.jpg

Just finished cleaning it, I put 300 rounds out of it, and 150 out of my 1911 colt. Not a single jam or malfunction. I ran winchester white box, wincheser tactical range ammo, remington UMC, some [censored] czech made ammo, and some other brand out of it.

Was able to score a 250 round box of 45 for 80 at walmart off of foothill and the 15.

The new ones are made in the US but they changed the design and have a lot more problems with them, especially rail wear. The older designs in good shape often command a premium.

I have an older P226 that has been perfect.

just what I was looking to get-I would have jumped for that price too. since I don't have such a deal in sight, I'm going for the ST model.
As illustrated by your 1911, once you have one .45 you just have to have another--my favorite cartridge. My 1911 is a Remington Rand in excellent condition total of about 500 rounds through it. Just can't bring myself to keep using it

Steve

I agree about the 45.s.

I have a colt model 1991 (1911 clone,) a colt defender compact 1911, a Springfield mil-spec 1911. Now this p220. However, my next one is going to be a .40 caliber.

be sure and use gun greace on the rails insted of gun oil you will get less wear on the aluminum frame if you go too the sig forums the will tell you about using grece instead of gun oil

Good choice. Yours is a 100% German SIG. You'll have no problems out of that one.

I bought my wife a new P220R carry last year and am less than crazy about it.

It has jammed up pretty tight at least once every time we have taken it out to shoot.

My wife likes Sigs (for some reason) so we have a whole bunch of them, but I only count two of them as mine.

Get you an old 100% German SIG and you won't have any problems. In the mid-90's SIG started sending over frames and then SIG USA would make the slides and put them together. There's all kinds of mumbo-jumbo that goes on because the US government makes it very difficult on foreign companies to import guns into the US. So the companies get around the restrictions and delays by making some of the parts in the US and or assembling them here in the US. It all started with Bill Clinton and his anti-gun agenda and appointments to important places to hamper and hinder the firearms industry in any way possible.
The SIGs you buy today have some German parts and some US. Assembled here. Mix and match.
If you see a sig that says something like "frame made in Germany" on the side of the slide stay away from it. Get yourself an old SIG. One that says "Made in Germany" or "Made in W. germany" on the slide.
Then You'll get 100% German steel. 100% German quality control. 100% German engineering, assembly, and manufacturing on German made equipment.
Then you'll get the old 100% German SIG reliability.

I own 4 German SIGs. No US/German amalgamations. And I've had no unexplainable malfunctions in my 4 guns.

Don't know if you are interested, but SIG has a sale going on the .22 LR conversion kits for the P Series pistols. Regularly $375.00 for $249.00. Free shipping on it as well.

I just purchased one a few days ago. It is on backorder so I may or may not see it for Christmas. You get the slide, recoil spring/guide, .22 LR barrel and 1 magazine. It supposedly comes with adjustable night sights. The slide is blackened machined aluminum. All of it comes in a carry case. I picked up a spare magazine with mine $286 out-the -door.

They also have a variant with threaded barrel going for about $60 more. Something to consider if you were thinking about picking up a silencer at some point or another.

Originally Posted By: j_mac
The SIGs you buy today have some German parts and some US. Assembled here. Mix and match.

For the price Sig gets for a gun, they should be without problems, regardless of the place of manufacture.

I do think most of ours are German frame, New Hampshire slide and guts, but I can think of a few exceptions.

I think my SP2022 is all German, and I think, but am not certain, that her P238 and P250 are all U.S. made. I haven't really paid that close attention to it, so I could be wrong about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back