Updates to three Amsoil bulletins (TSB's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent info from a company that KNOWS that one size does not fit all! (unlike some that STATE this oil is good for xxk miles or 1 year)

Liked the comments on condensation and coolant in oil!

Thanks for posting Pablo!

Bill

Mobil 1 has learned....25K to 15K

Amsoil is learning....

Soon we will see more disclaimers like specific engines, or, oil UOA is needed to determine oil condition added to a case of oil and it's price.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Mobil 1 has learned....25K to 15K

Amsoil is learning....

Soon we will see more disclaimers like specific engines, or, oil UOA is needed to determine oil condition added to a case of oil and it's price.

I agree! While Amsoil and others advertising extended drain oils have a limit for normal and severe service, certain cautions should be given. Driving habits, as well as the actual engine charistics, design flaws and condition must be taken into consideration. Clearly certain Toyota engines won't fare well, it would be a shame to find out too late. Amsoil can't possibly test their oils in all engines, under all conditions. It appears the are learning too.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil has always had "warnings". I just think the level of specificity is greater.

Agree.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil has always had "warnings". I just think the level of specificity is greater.

Another step in the right direction!

Supports why you should follow OEM rec. not some fly by night rec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave123
Supports why you should follow OEM rec. not some fly by night rec.

Fly by night?

Oh you mean Toyota and MB. Ask the owners about following their recommendations!
lol.gif
spankme2.gif

Is the EaO13 or an equivalent going to be reintroduced at some point?

Between the blanket Toyota recommendation change that affected my wife's Yaris and the EaO13 bulletin that changed the recommendation for my Miata I haven't been feeling the Amsoil love lately.

Originally Posted By: bearda
Is the EaO13 or an equivalent going to be reintroduced at some point?

Originally Posted By: Amsoil Tech
Not in the near future, but we hope someday this will occur.

They said all 3 Toyota model, 09, 10, 13 and a new model 51 (old 57 app) have been redesigned to accommodate the unique engine design of the affected model vehicles....when asked exactly when, they said soon, its seems its in the hands of the manf.

btw-Not just told to me but mentioned at one of the sales meetings to all dealers (100's) so its not a rumor, but fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back