VOA Pennzoil Ultra 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that's a high boron reading.

On UOA, Ultra tends to receive Boron readings in a much lower range than that, like 150-300.

Originally Posted By: CougarRed
Man, that's a high boron reading.

On UOA, Ultra tends to receive Boron readings in a much lower range than that, like 150-300.

my most recent UOA had a boron reading of 49.

for those of you that dont want to download the pdf

Untitled-4.jpg

do they just make up for it with boron or what? im curious about which synthetic has the most moly

Redline oils. Most of their offerings have a boatload of moly. Both Honda and Toyota brand 0w20 oils have a similar boatload as well.

Of course, an oil doesn't need a lot of moly to be excellent. Amsoil SSO has very little, for example.

This oil is on the thin side of a 30w, am i seeing that right?

nice oil PU is a winner in my book,i bought 3 jugs at $20 out the door back when they had the $5 off coupon.

Originally Posted By: daman
This oil is on the thin side of a 30w, am i seeing that right?

nice oil PU is a winner in my book,i bought 3 jugs at $20 out the door back when they had the $5 off coupon.

I don't think that viscosity is correct, I had a 6000 mile UOA of Ultra that showed a thicker viscosity than this VOA.

Originally Posted By: bkbenjy
Originally Posted By: JAG
Just know that boron is one of the few additive elements that significantly decreases in concentration from VOA to UOA.

Here's some evidence to back that up.

Pennzoil Platinum VOA shows 60 boron

E01511.jpg

Pennzoil Platinum UOA's

BlackstoneLabsOilReport10-8-08.png

vwgti.jpg

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1681615

The VOA of Pennzoil Platinum was for 5W20 just to be clear. They messed up when they said sample of virign 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back