what to do for make car run smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
If you have nothing nice to say, pls dont say it.

My bad, I edited the post to make it more specific.

stock spring rate is 290 lbs front 95 rear. for drag racing and everyday driving it's good, maybe optimum. for best handling and crisp turn in it's not but then i have -1.7 camber and 1/16" toe out also and corner weighted 56/44 weight dist

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56

you can hijack my thread, that is ok hehe, for rough idling, have you check your IAC and clean it with carb cleaner lately ? when the last time you doing full tune up ?

Sorry about that. I have done numerous tune up items one by one over the past 3 1/2 years, but not on a Camaro. I don't even own one. When I cleaned the IAC I didn't notice any improvement. The only item I can think of that I haven't R/R is sparkplug wires.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Don't KYBs have a lifetime warranty? Turn 'em in for new ones!

A camaro set up for racing isn't gonna be smooth. Best thing you could do would be to get adjustable struts, maybe koni?

YUP! Koni single adjustable at all four corners!! Lifetime warranty, rebound adjustable, decent ride for the performance, and the BEST handling this side of a 'boutique', remote reservoir, 4 way adjustable, road racing damper (i.e.; Ohlins/Moton/Penske, etc, which cost 4-5x as much as the Blue Book value of Camaro T56's ride!!), which are also, for the most part totally 'UN-streetable'.
wink.gif

Use the stock perches, DO NOT modify them (voids warranty), and use a set of Strano Performance springs (made by Vogtland) for a slightly lower ride height, GREAT linear-rate performance (the ONLY springs available in linear rate for these cars without going to a Ground Control/Global West type coilover conversion as [RT]ProjUltraZ, and I did), and a decent street ride on non-'bombed out' roads.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
and for dampeners, Bilstein or nothing.

For these cars (late model, 4th gen f bodies), Koni Sport is KING!

Some have used re-valved Bilsteins (the stock Bilstein valving is NOT optimal for these cars), but usually end up going to Konis eventually anyway.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]I have koni singles, ground control adj 4 corners, about 1" drop eibach linear 500 lb fronts 150 rear, and his 35/22 swaybars. ride is not as comfortable as stock but at 3,380 lbs it handles halfway between a stock camaro and a vette.

Same setup here, except I have 600 lb. in. fronts, 175 lb.in. rears, double adjustable front Konis, 3250 lbs. with a full tank (no driver).
I also have a Random Tech adjustable torque arm, and UMI double adjustable, chromoly, Roto-Joint ended lower control arms and Panhard Bar.
I am considering a Fays2 Watts Link, but I do not want to add the weight, even though it would handle even better yet.

Even on street tires it really suprises, even SHOCKS almost all import nameplate drivers in the "twisties" which they feel are ONLY their domain. (Even more so if I'm on sticky 100 treadwear rubber!!)

Some of the high-buck, high zoot, Euro import owners get quite visably upset (more like extremely P.O.ed!
lol.gif
) that an inexpensive 'mullet-mobile' can stay right with (or drop if I'm in front of them) their country club racers.(Them; "I paid $70K+ for this thing, how DARE his 'straight line ONLY' domestic [censored] keep up!"
crackmeup2.gif
)

oh yeah, they can surprise. i was beating C6 vettes on street tires at autox until they bought race tires, but of course i was on kumho 315s all around hehe

i have Koni yellow sports on my car. these shocks are very impressive and are commonly used in aftermarket suspensions. They are quality shocks and have lifetime warranty.

my springs are 350/250 and the stiffness is set to 1/4. The ride might be harsh if you're coming from something like a buick but very tolerable!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
i have Koni yellow sports on my car. these shocks are very impressive and are commonly used in aftermarket suspensions. They are quality shocks and have lifetime warranty.

my springs are 350/250 and the stiffness is set to 1/4. The ride might be harsh if you're coming from something like a buick but very tolerable!

What (car) is this setup on?

this is for a 2001 acura integra
This is my daily driver-the coilover brand used Eibach Ground controls. So far, 40,000 miles driven on them and wouldnt change a darn thing.

the shocks are fully adjustable to suite your level of comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back