Oil change on my yamaha scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

i have a yamaha majesty 125 03 (Model:5DS-F4710-00) and its due a service. And in the owners manual it says to use SAE 10W-40 oil i have a load of Duckhams Q10W-40 Synthetic based oil. And iam just wondering is it ok to use in the scooter it comes in a 25Liter container and the container is yellow. And the oil is green in colour if i can not use this oil can i use 10W-40 semisynthetic motor oil instead. Or can it be just standerd 10W-40 mineral oil or can i only use SAE 10W-40. Also i forgot to mention is SAE synthic oil

Thanks
cool.gif
cool.gif

If the oil you mentioned is an engine oil, why not use it? It's the correct viscosity. I'd say go for it.

Synthetic oil is not worse, actually it is better, than mineral/conventional oil, you can use almost any xW40 oil in the scooter, just change the oil mileage/time according to the owner manual.

I've tried several brands/viscosities and keep going back to Rotella flavors (T6) - just a personal preference. However, like my Honda - your Yamaha will run on about anything you put in it and will continue to run long after you are tired of it.

Thanks for the help everyone i changed the oil in the scooter the oil was nearly black i dont think its had a oil change since from new. The scooter is running sweet know its done about 20,663 miles on the clock dont know if thats alot for these scooters.

thanks to all

Good to hear. If maintained regularly and treated right (no continuous WOT) it should be good for at least another 10000 - 15000 miles before you have to touch that engine - maybe longer.

I've seen a few of those around with over 30,000 miles on them and still going strong - no reason to think yours would do any less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back