Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w40 and ZDDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLR

Mobil 1 high mileage oil has a API rating of SL/CF. Does this mean that it has 1200 ppm ZDDP in it? I think the SM rated oils have no ZDDP in them.

As you can see from the list TDT and 15w50 have the highest ZDDP levels in the M1 line up. Then come the 5w50 then the HM/EP oils then the rest of them (not including race or motorcycle oils).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lipadj46
As you can see from the list TDT and 15w50 have the highest ZDDP levels in the M1 line up. Then come the 5w50 then the HM/EP oils then the rest of them (not including race or motorcycle oils).

M1 0w40 is right up there close to TDT and 15w50 also. I may give it a shot as an alternative to RT6 in either the Jeeps or one of the 440s.

All M1's HM oil's have 1000ppm or more of Zinc and a nice slug of Calcium, and yes your SL rated oil's usually will.

Originally Posted By: JLR
Mobil 1 high mileage oil has a API rating of SL/CF. Does this mean that it has 1200 ppm ZDDP in it? I think the SM rated oils have no ZDDP in them.

M1 15W50 is SM/SF/CL/ rated and it has over 1200ppm of zddp.

Originally Posted By: JLR

The M1 oil with the most ZDDP are rated SM.

Originally Posted By: ted s
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????

Not talking race oils or motorcycle oils obviously but the 2 M1 oils with the highest ZDDP ppm are 5w40 TDT and 15w50 and those are both SM. The GF4 (or is it GF5?) rating is what limits the zddp not SM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back