Had a nasty road bike crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you came out OK, could have been much worse. Kudos for getting back on the horse so soon as well.

I had an accident about 25 years ago that left a scrape on my shoulder. It looked like a scrape that would heal quickly. Boy was I wrong. It would start to heal and when I moved my arm it would crack open and sting like the dickens.

I hope the healing goes quick and you are close to normal ASAP.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. My neck still looks like something out of a B-Horror flick. Healing is going much slower than I had anticipated. Otherwise I am A-OK and have been riding regularly since the crash. I did have to abandon a mountain climb yesterday, but that was due more to heat/humidity than any crash injuries.

Hope you come out okay.

Hope your leg heals. I still have one huge scar from a chainring on my leg, and that was more than five years ago!

That's a heck of an accident, glad you came out OK and are back on the bike.

My wife had a major road bike accident 2.5 years ago. Not sure what happened (I was in front of her) but she sort of went sideways and over the handlebars at 30+ mph. Landed square on her head, helmet cracked, deep gash to the bone at her hairline, broken collarbone, a couple ribs, some road rash on her arm & leg. Took her a while to recover and longer to get back on the bike, did a century this summer to complete the recovery.

Mountain biking is much less dangerous.

jeff

glad your ok wayne. I just went to the library on my giant cypress bike. But I had to cross a busy street. people are so rude. One SUV got really close to me, I freaked and jumped a curb. I lost control and almost went down, but I didn't. I hit the curb so hard, my chain came off the sprocket. haha. The library is 0.3 miles away from me, but it's on a very busy road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back