diferent oil filter centers

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone noticed that the royol purple mobil1 and the k/n oil filters have changed there iner tubes from being round holes too small slots ? i was in pep boys today and checked them all out as small as those slots looked i am not sure i want too use any of those filters maby somone smarter than me will know why they did this

Many filter co's are going to corrugated tubes and slots for better flow. They put a lot of work designing them using flow modeling computer programs and such.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
It doesn't matter when you have ___ amount of oil pressure.

it does if the bypass is in the block BEFORE the fitler.

How ofen does the BPV get blocked ?
21.gif

It's not the bypass getting blocked it's the filter flowing hard/restricting sending the BP in the block into bypass.

Slot or holes in a corrugated tube are MUCH less restrictive than hole. You guys have No CLUE AS TO THE EXTENSIVE FLOW MODELING THAT GOES INTO DESIGNING THESE FILTERS.(oops soory caps lock on!) Just the high power PC and the program to run the flow vectors cost over 100K. I worked in automotive electronics industry LCP plastics molding and packaging and have exposure to the high level engineering tools involved in designing this stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back