What Automotive Battery does everyone like

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new battery it seems ok but it is 5 years old what is everyone's favorite battery??

ALso what is everyones favorite way of cleaning off the battery terminals? And what does everyone use on the terminals so it wont get caked up?

Batteries are batteries. Until you spend big money on stuff like Optimas, there's virtually no difference.

I'm going for the Optima next. However, I will be running extra lights on the 4Runner for offroading/camping, and eventually put a winch on as well....may as well get the heaviest-duty battery out there.

Anything that ISN'T made by Exide.

I have an Exide manufactured Napa battery in my Silverado which is pure junk.

Plus, it's the THIRD one. The other two died within the "free replacement" period.

And no, there's nothing wrong with the charging system... nor is there any sort of constant draw. Both have been checked multiple times.

I picked on up at Sam's Club a couple, three years back and has never given a problem or failed me. Costco also has a nice battery at a great price.

IMO....The main thing to remember....they all seem to grenade and fail shortly after their life expectancy. So it really does not matter which brand. IMO...I try and get the best for the money with the highest "cold cranking" rating since winters near the ocean in Coney Island can get very cold.

Going on 9 years on a then-$29.99 (I think) Wal Mart battery. I bought their chepaist entry level battery.

There are only a handfull of companies that make batteries and sell them with various names. Johnson Controls are one of those companies and they are from great experience at home and at work my choice of the best manufacture . Exide the least.

I love the NAPA brand, have it in my truck and daughters Mustang. Have a Duralast in the Taurus.

Haven't had any luck with the Wal-Mart brand.

Originally Posted By: bigdawg74
Check out the Kirkland batteries at Costco, if you are a member. Highly rated in Consumer Reports magazine. Use something like this to clean the terminals.
Made by Johnson Controls

Originally Posted By: dparm
Batteries are batteries. Until you spend big money on stuff like Optimas, there's virtually no difference.
No they're not and Optimas are questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back