2011 Ford Superduty to get 400hp/800tq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rslifkin
4000 hours without an oil change? Seems a little much to me
33.gif
If I were running a gas engine like that 24/7, I would be changing the oil every 7 - 8 days (no more than 200 hours). If it was a good synthetic, and the UOAs said it was ok, I'd go 2 weeks (a bit under 350 hours) or 3 at the most (500 hours).

You clearly aren't a farmer... Well some of them do maintain their equipment perfectly but many see what they can get away with!

You go and tell the farmers that they need to run synthetics. they will laugh and tell you to leave promptly. They know what works for them.

Problem to day is not enough people were raised on farms and ranches. Same reason manual transmissions and American ingenuity are dying by the wayside.

These are the same people that use a TRUCK for the right reasons. To do truck things. not just drive back and forth to office jobs in the city.

I'm sure people can make the engines live with OCIs like that, but I just wouldn't have the guts to do it, unless I did a UOA every 100 hours for 2 OCIs to make sure the oil was holding up.

you would never make it on a farm. Also the LPG engines are far easier on the oil then the same engine running on Unleaded. They would usually last 5 seasons before needing an overhaul. even then the Little strait 6 would take to 3-4 rebuilds without a problem.

True. I didn't think about running on LP. Heck, I'm scared to let the oil go longer than 50 - 60 hours in the old Onan generator on the boat, as it doesn't have an oil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back