New Oilzum Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first time poster.....

I recently talked to the new owners of the old Oilzum brand of motor oil. The new owner, Dennison Lube, bought the Oilzum name and original bottling facilities in Worcester, Mass from Castrol. They are now re-introducing Oilzum brand oil and sent me the tested oil properties. I am wondering how this stuff rates......oh, its 5w-30

Viscosity cST @ 40°C 63.11
Viscosity cST @ 100°C 10.11
Viscosity Index 156
Pour Point -40
Sulfated Ash Wt% .87
Zinc Wt % .108
Phosphorous Wt% .098
Calcium Wt% .206
API Gravity 30.6
HTHS 3.01
API Servisce perf SM
ILSAC GF-4

I tried to compare with other oils in the area that I can purchase 55 gallon drum from such as Gulf and Valvoline, but kinda struck out.

I will be using the oil in 1996 and newer Chevys, if that would matter any. I like the price of $400 for a 55 gallon drum as well.

Thanks and forgive me if this seems like a redondent question....

bob

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

I use to run Oilzum 2-cycle oil years ago. The above looks like a decent SM GF-4 oil. I see no reason it would not work in your application.

Regardless of the oil's spec's, if Dennison Lubes wants this label to take off, they need to put that logo out there BIG TIME. That will sell the oil more than anything. They need all the bells and whistles too. The signs for the service centers that buy it ..etc..etc.

oilzum%20circle%20sign.gif

welcome2.gif

Man, this is a blast from the past for me. When I was a kid I went through a phase where I was collecting decals (free) from many oil companies and automotive products companies. Oilzum was one of the companies and I even remember the name of the parent company, the White&Bagley Company. IIRC, they were good about sending free decals. Forgot that they were located in Worcester Ma., but this jogged my memory.
cool.gif
Now wish I had some of those decals.

welcome2.gif

I found this to be a very interesting thread which in turn caused a little research on my part. There are people selling Oilzum related items on ebay, but scroll down and look at the huge assortment of oil, gas, and auto memorabilia. Some really interesting names there and I figure this group would appreciate this as much as anyone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-OILZUM-MOTOR-OIL...=item1e5d8b2650

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Regardless of the oil's spec's, if Dennison Lubes wants this label to take off, they need to put that logo out there BIG TIME. That will sell the oil more than anything. They need all the bells and whistles too. The signs for the service centers that buy it ..etc..etc.

oilzum%20circle%20sign.gif

welcome2.gif

"The Cream of Pure Pennsylvania Oil"

Sounds good enough to put on my breakfast cereal or in my coffee?

Thanks for all the welcomes.....

The phosphorous levels for 5w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 are all the same: .098. Not saying it is correct, but rather what is listed on the paper they faxed me. All are "SM" rated.

I'm not sure why the marketing has done more. My thought is maybe they don't want to become too big, too fast.....

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back