Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by Debbie two weeks ago, that she was sending a case. Nothing happened. I sent her a follow-up email yesterday with no response. As far as I am concerned, there is much good will down the drain.

Unless Penzoil comes up with a no shipping charge option,or local distribution, I am sticking with Castrol 5W 40, GC or Mobil 1 0W 40 for my 1.8T Passat.

PS - I wish I could locate a convenient outlet for Shaeffer's 5W 40

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny
I opened the Amazon link above and went down to where is said customer comments. I am still laughing so hard my sides hurt. Here is the comment this guy made about the Ultra.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Mobil 1, August 25, 2010
By turkinwisconsin "Turk" (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pennzoil 550022576 Ultra Euro Synthetic 5W-40 Motor Oil - 32 oz., Pack of 6 (Automotive)
First heard about this oil at 'bobistheoilguy' operated by a couple of psychos called billinutah and helen in somehwere.Of course I would not have bought this oil if I knew psychiatric ward patients with the code name billinutah or helen in somewhere used this oil.They do not, they are not sharp.

So I started using this oil a month or two ago on my Geo Prizm.Smoother and quiet operation, better gas mileage and better cleaning capacity is what I got.I will have UOA done once I drive my projected 10K miles.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: SJUMBA
I was told by Debbie two weeks ago, that she was sending a case. Nothing happened. I sent her a follow-up email yesterday with no response. As far as I am concerned, there is much good will down the drain.

Unless Penzoil comes up with a no shipping charge option,or local distribution, I am sticking with Castrol 5W 40, GC or Mobil 1 0W 40 for my 1.8T Passat.

I sent her my address a couple of weeks ago and followed up with and email about a week ago. She responded and stated that I should be receiving product this week. From what I'm hearing from you guys it doesn't sound too good.

As much as we, BITOG members have supported SOPUS, I expect them to follow through.

Poor Debbie, I wonder if she(or her superiors) knew what they were getting into when they posted an email address for this mystical oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: matt922
Poor Debbie, I wonder if she(or her superiors) knew what they were getting into when they posted an email address for this mystical oil.

They brought it onto themselves by not having the product readily available for purchase.

They've spent money in R&D and now got a product on their hands that can compete head-to-head with M1 0w-40, yet it doesn't, because it's not on the shelf next to M1 0w-40.

I've asked Debbie about it, and she explained that it's hard to convince retailers to carry it because it's a niche/low volume item. But then, why even bother introducing such a product? Just about the worst thing you can possibly do to irritate the customer is advertise a great product on your website, yet make it impossible to purchase it. Hopefully this will change, but SOPUS is surely taking its sweet time on this...

I find it interesting that the ONLY 5w-40 oil I can find at any parts house in my town is Castrol. I mean the ONLY.

We have Auto Zone, O'rileys, Car Quest and NAPA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cryption
I find it interesting that the ONLY 5w-40 oil I can find at any parts house in my town is Castrol. I mean the ONLY.

there's always rotella t6 if you want a thicker 40 weight

NAPA typically carries Valvoline SynPower 5w-40. If they don't, they can order it for you.

there's always rotella t6 if you want a thicker 40 weight

Very true - and I have thought about it, but I can only find it in gallon jugs around here. I would need two jugs (20 each = $40) plus a filter (12). For that $52 I can get 6L of Lubro Moly and a filter shipped, and I never have to leave the safety of my computer. Granted, I only need 5+ quarts and the Rotella would leave me some for the next change - but sometimes I like to switch it up.

I've never been a big fan of SOPUS oils - but I was really wanting to give it another change and try this stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

NAPA typically carries Valvoline SynPower 5w-40. If they don't, they can order it for you.

See, that's my oil of choice and the manager of my local NAPA gets his from Amazon just like I do. He wouldn't get it for me from their supplier. He said that not enough people would want it for him to bother placing an order. He sticks with Castrol since VW has it printed on the oil cap.
frown.gif

Last edited:

Posted on 08/10/2010 by scurvy:
Originally Posted By: scurvy
I just got an email from her asking for my shipping address... we'll see where this is going
grin2.gif

Posted on 08/12/2010 by scurvy:
Originally Posted By: scurvy
Well, that was quick.

FWIW, these aren't coming from SOPUS in Houston directly, they're coming from a marketing company in Wichita KS. I would fathom a guess they may have been given a number of pallets of this stuff to give out and Debbie is simply doing her job (and quite well)!

My thanks, Debbie and SOPUS. This will go into the NB next oil change.

I think part of the problem is the 6 quart cases was shipped with FEDEX second day air, the cost to ship these heavy cases by air is pretty costly, it can be as much as $30-45 per case. If it was shipped by ground it could be as little as $7-8/case

I've never been a big fan of SOPUS oils - but I was really wanting to give it another change and try this stuff.

funny you say that, i'm actually trying to get away from castrol/BP.

funny you say that, i'm actually trying to get away from castrol/BP.

I understand man! I'm also a gulf coster so BP isn't my best friend right now. I think I'm one of the few die hard Valvoline guys on here. I feel strange running Lubro Moly this next oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SJUMBA

Well.... just when I thoght all hope was gone a six pack of the oil arrived today. Way to go Debbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back