Amsoil SSO 18,200 miles 1 year 08 Acura TL 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

OilReport8-23-10.jpg

Ran with EaO filter with FilterMag. Drained from a Fumoto valve. 3rd oil change. 2nd fill with SSO. Did 5863 miles more on the oil this time. Added 1 quart of top off through the year.
Previous report is here.
Commute is the same 60-70 miles each day. Wear metals are treading down per 5k miles. I did use Redline Fuel treatment in June but Manganese is trending down at least. It doesnt look too bad considering I do drive aggressive and it was a full year in the car. Plus over half the mileage of the car was done on this fill. But Oxidation is worrisome.

False economy. 30k car and beater maintainance practice....... with,of all things,a UOA!

Congrats on using this oil to its full potential.
Results look great after so many miles and considering the low mileage of the car.

Thanks very much for the report.

Originally Posted By: Seb
... But Oxidation is worrisome.

Good luck having someone explaining this to you.
I asked several times and never got an answer.

Oxidation is basically aging due to heat. While it's higher than what would want, it's not showing to be much of a problem. The oil shows no sign of thickening
21.gif

Originally Posted By: FZ1
False economy. 30k car and beater maintainance practice....... with,of all things,a UOA!

Now you're getting reactionary here, FZ1. Rather insulting to the OP. You're rude. Being a shill with some secondary agenda is fine, but offending people in the scam is a bit far. That's not to say that I don't offend people, but I wear my agenda on my sleeve in BOLD PRINT.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Warn us when you sell this 60,000 mile oil burning vehicle.

I have a few 5.3 Silverados in our fleet that run only SSO. One of them has gone 14k via OLM between changes!

They do not burn oil. They do not smoke. They are some of the most mechanically silent motors you have (n)ever heard!

His car is probably fine.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Oxidation is basically aging due to heat. While it's higher than what would want, it's not showing to be much of a problem. The oil shows no sign of thickening
21.gif

Thanks a lot.

And what about the nitration level being higher than on my reports but not being highlighted.

What does a high level of nitration mean? Equals high TAN?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
21.gif

That is what I was thinking but really wasn't sure when I looked at the visc.

Not a reactionary,not insulting,not rude,not a shill "with a secondary agenda",not involved in a scam. And........I certainly don't accuse or ascribe motive to others. I simply believe oil should be run for a much short oci,that's all. Is that so wrong?

I Met this guy that was a courior[sp] in the early to middle 90s That ran 25,000 mile OCIs with the recommended filter at half way through the recommended miles and the nissan truck had almost 500,000 miles and the truck ran real good. Amsoil action had a writeup on the guy.

I simply believe oil should be run for a much short oci,that's all. Is that so wrong?

I'm with you!

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I'm confused. I thought this engine ran the 18,000 miles on one change.

You've been here since 2003 and extended drains with amsoil baffle you?

Not a reactionary,not insulting,not rude,not a shill "with a secondary agenda",not involved in a scam. And........I certainly don't accuse or ascribe motive to others. I simply believe oil should be run for a much short oci,that's all. Is that so wrong?

So you should have said that instead of being condescending know-it-all, I read it that way as did others obviously. The OP bought a long drain oil and is using it as such including getting a UOA to make sure the oil held up, which it did just fine.

I don't get it people complain about people dumping synthetics too early, they say synthetics only are worth it with extended drains. Then someone does a true extended drain with the appropriate synthetic backed up with a UOA and someone is there to complain about that. Gotta love the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back