Barium 0

SUS Viscosity@210F 57
cSt Viscosity@100C 9.37
Flashpoint in F 385
Fuel % Antifreeze % 0
Water % 0
Insolubles % 0.2
TBN 2.5

Vehicle is driven about 20 to 25K a year, mixed highway and suburban relatively high speed roads. Almost no stop and go driving. Mobil One 5W30 has been used exclusively since 20K or so. Switched to Pure One filter a year ago. Before was using Toyota OEM. Air filter is Purolator, before was using Toyota OEM. Engine doesn't burn any oil.
Last time filled with PP 5W30, planning to keep for 7K or so. Will see how it goes. No noticeable changes so far.

Black Stone basically is saying everything looks perfect. Suggesting going 9K next time.

Originally Posted By: lukoil

Insolubles % 0.2

Switched to Pure One filter a year ago.

Looks like that PureOne filter is doing a good (better?) job than the Toyota OEM.

Here is my 6,900 mile run of PP 5w-30 in my Corolla with TBN

I think your engine will like the PP. Each time I've run Mobil 1 5w-30 in it the UOA, MPG are not as good as other oils. The engine did sound different on the top end with Mobil 1 0w-30 over 5w-30.

My UOA above did have 90% hwy in it.

The timing chains in our engines do subject oils more than belt driven ones.

Thanks for the UOA!

Bill

Everone I know that is using M1 5-30 are going 10K with no problems. This is in various engines.

Not to totally nit-pick, but Si is a touch high - I might look at checking your air filter.

As Bill said, PP should work just as well. will be interesting to compare.

Air filter is Toyota OEM, not Purolator as I initially said, sorry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lukoil
One correction. Air filter is actually "Full", not Purolator. Forgot I am using Purolator on my Accord, not Corolla. I'll try switching to Toyota OEM before next UOA.

How is it "full"?

20 is a little warning but not real bad. Anything but WIX so far I've found excellent for our Corollas. The Frams are good and worth the cost. OEM (Denso) are also good.

Bill

PS:
welcome2.gif

"Full" was how it was listed on www.autopartswarehouse.com where I bought it. Double checked the records, it is Toyota OEM air filter, sorry. "Full" was used between 39K and 75K. Toyota one has been used since 75K (120K now).

Ok, I may try Fram next time then. So far my choice was between Toyota OEM and Purolator. I have 15% discount with local Toyota dealer, still it was a little more expensive than Purolator. Fram price should beat them both I'd hope :)

Originally Posted By: tig1
Everone I know that is using M1 5-30 are going 10K with no problems. This is in various engines.
Most everyone seems to believe all of the advantages of running syn oil enough to pay the extra $$$ except that syn oil lasts longer?????????

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
Originally Posted By: Carzzz
wow... low Iron M1 UOA! Interesting!

its pretty high compared to Bill in utah's UOA
Everything is Utah is different. It has something to do with the salty lake.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Not only that, but everyone here ...and in the known universe knows this as well
55.gif

To the OP: Looks pretty decent. Visc is in grade. Flashpoint good. The usual suspects at or around noise levels. Minors here and there on nitpicking if ..tweak here..bump there.
21.gif

The only thing I think it's short on is TBN retention. I'd love to see another round of this oil with more mileage on it to see how solid the floor is to that number. With your driving I would expect it to be somewhat higher.

Never quite understood why TBN retention isn't more of an engine/use conditions thing, than an oil. I believe it is a buffer and starts at a known value. I wonder how many times this has been asked before.
I go 5k on M1 0w-30, no problems found.
34.gif

Well, it can surely be a "conditional use" issue if there are indeed certain conditions present. Most of them are not present in this unit. The unit is driven 25k a year. This oil wasn't in service that long and the service should have been as un-TBN attacking as you can ask for.

I'd like to see how it degraded with continued use.

With few exceptions (and this may be one of them) it's hard not to get an oil that will last 6months. There are usually trade off's in daily drivers between time/mileage.

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
Originally Posted By: Carzzz
wow... low Iron M1 UOA! Interesting!

its pretty high compared to Bill in utah's UOA

interesting enough

lately the M1 reports look good

the PP and PU reports are having more iron!

I think its a conspiracy!

SOPUS paid off all the UOA labs to make Mobil 1 look bad so all the bob the oil guy people who jump on whatever oil looks the best today fad ran off to Walmart to stock up on the PP and PU products! Mobil caught wind of this and outbid them, so now they skew the outcome of the SOPUS product UOA's....... people will be flocking back to Mobil 1 again soon!

okay, maybe thats a little far out there

but I"ll stick with my Mobil 1... no matter who's UOA's say what from month to month......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back