Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to Matt at Mobil 1 this morning. He said Mobil 1 5W30 HM is being shipped and WalMart and AutoZone would be the first to have it. Haven't seen it in Minnesota yet.

Thanks. He is the guy you want to speak too when you call them. fyi.

This oil is old school though. For older cars, it does seem to work well. My brother is using it in his Toyota with 206,000 miles on it. Slowed down a small oil burn/leak he was noticing.

I have bought 15 quarts of H/M 5w30 from AutoZone in the last couple months. They only order 5 quarts at a time for some reason, and they dont have the bar code in the register. I end up having them ring up H/M 10w40 just so I can get my oil and leave. everytime has turned into a 20 minute bar code hunt. I bought the oil during the 5qts + filter for $30 deal. I went in every thurday morning after their shipment came in so I can get the 5 qts they ordered.

Last edited:
I try not to ask them any questions, as this particular AZ has workers with the intelligence level of the average carnival ride operator. two out of the three times I went to get the oil, I had to go behind their counter to find the oil myself because they kept bringing me Mobil 5000 and telling me Mobil 1 doesnt make a High Mileage Synthetic....even after I showed them a quart of HM 10w40

My 2 local walmarts few miles from me, have had the high mielage 5w 30 mobil, for the apspt 8 months ide say? 6- 8 months.

I use the 5w30 M1 HM in my Olds, bought it here in Iowa at the local Wallmart, they had lots of it in 5w30, and 10w30 flavors

Originally Posted By: bk111
I could not find it at the local WMs in a 40 mile radius from my house.

Area WM's are very quirky. For whatever reason they will have vastly different oil isles. My local WM only carries Rottella T 15w-40 but a WM I stop at on the way home from work has every flavor T5, T6 and i think every flavor of M1 they make in a 5 quart jug.
banana2.gif
In this area the M1 5w-30HM is one of the easiest weights to find. The M1 10w30HM is typically sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back