2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Innova 3100 code reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Innova 3100 code reader and connected it to the Jeep which had the CEL on. I had a P1757 code, (transmission pressure solenoid. I clear the code and it comes back in maybe 30 minutes.

However the 3100 has several circles with a letter in the circle. They are hard to read.

When the code is cleared a few of these circles keep on flashing. One is EV which is the evaporator in the engine. So an emissions problem. There are no other codes beyond the P1757.

Unsure why some of these emission circles are flashing. When is the connection between it and the P1757.

Those circles are the status of your emmission readiness tests. When ever you reset/clear codes the car loses ALL data and restarts the readiness tests. That code reader should also have a red, yellow and green light - that also tells your readiness status. basicall, when green you can take your car to the testing station and pass.

Read your book - its all in there.

I ended up seeing that the circles when blinking mean just a particular test has not been run yet. So for example, the EV circle is blinking, when is the test run for the EV?

It seems the Innova 3100 cannot force a test like the more expensive models? Or am I missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back