What's best 2 cycle oil (chainsaws, trimmers, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find whatever synthetic 2 cycle is on sale and buy that. Right now I have 8 quarts of Poulan synthetic and 4 quarts of Mobil 2T also have a quart of Valvoline multipurpose that I run in tanks of regular gas.

Yeah, I still haven't cracked mine open yet. I have yet to find a worthy machine. I'm hoping to find an old Lawn Boy somewhere that I can fix up or something like that.

How on earth did you dig up this old thread ?
It's 4.5 years old
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: tdi-rick
How on earth did you dig up this old thread ?
It's 4.5 years old
shocked2.gif

But the argument never dies!
happy2.gif

When I could no longer get the Mobil 1 Racing 2T I started using the Stihl synthetic in everything I have. greenaccord02, I have three vintage Lawn Boys (two from the 60's) that I use every year.

If I could locate some of the Mobil 1 product I would buy it.

I'm still looking for the big bottles of the Stihl synth. As soon as I see them I'll get them. 2T is rare anymore. Try an out of the way, older O'Reilly's. That's where mine is from. I'd love to have a 60's Lawn Boy in any condition. I go around many Saturday mornings hoping to find one at a garage sale.

Hello ,

My first post, I could not resist the 2 stroke oil topic any longer.

I use Bel Ray H1R ester synthetic in all my air cooled 2 strokes, and it leaves no residues and no piston ring sticking at all.

Motul 800 off road is very similar (ester)and also gives fantastic power and clean pistons.

Both are SAE 40 weight so not the best for injector type 2 strokes. My local motorcycle shops carry these, so they are easy to get , no need to order and pay shipping fees etc...

I uset the Stihl Ultra Synthetic in all my stuff as well. I don't know if it is worth a $#@!, but I am addicted to the smell!
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I'm still looking for the big bottles of the Stihl synth. As soon as I see them I'll get them. 2T is rare anymore. Try an out of the way, older O'Reilly's. That's where mine is from. I'd love to have a 60's Lawn Boy in any condition. I go around many Saturday mornings hoping to find one at a garage sale.

Stihl dealer, and many of those do not carry it due to price. Go to this site and see if they can help you with the Lawnboy.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

Good Luck

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I wish they still made Mobil Racing 2T. One of the best 2-cycle oils that I've ever used.

I've got some left Johnny, need some? Not much, maybe 50-60 pints, a few quarts... :)

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I wish they still made Mobil Racing 2T. One of the best 2-cycle oils that I've ever used.

I've got some left Johnny, need some? Not much, maybe 50-60 pints, a few quarts... :)

LOL.gif

We could always try re-importing some back from here too, but I don't think you fella's would like the exchange + tax + freight deal.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I run my chain saw and Stihl weeder on Amsoil 100:1. Both work great on this oil. Better is Amsoil Series 2000 2-stroke oil, but I will slowly use up the 100:1 first.

Many people get paranoid about 100:1 (myself included), but I got over it, because the oil itself is not as dilute as most 2-stroke oils and following the oil recommendation not the tool is best. Even Carl at Carl's Mower and Saw says this.

**** from Falls Church said the 100:1 was tested to 300:1...I dunno about that, but 100:1 is fine for me.

I use Amsoil Professional in all my power tools but at the full strength recommended formula. I have never found a better product than Amsoil and have suffered thru the use of many other brands.

Originally Posted By: beanoil

Me too, I have 20+ quarts. Not for sale
grin2.gif

Hey guys, I sincerely need your opinion. FYI, I am from Malaysia and i just manage to get Shell Semi synthetic for my yamaha 650 two stroke generator. I uses the generator once every two months for camping.

Would the Shell Advance Semi Synthetic good enough to protect my engine whilst clear off carbon deposit?

Thanks

If it's the same as the Advance VSX2 we get here in Australia I'm sure it will be fine in a genny, it's JASO FC licensed. Ours is probably blended in Singapore anyway, a number of Castrols Edge oils on our shelves here are blended in Malaysia.

Now I'm running Pennzoil multipurpose in a trimmer and saw. The engines start easily and have good power at 50:1.The trimmer fires up easier with the pennz. than it did with the more expensive Echo 2 stroke. Will continue to use the Pennz..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back