Mercedes C300 Factory fill Mobil 10W/40? 2010 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Blackstone labs analysis of the factory fill in my new car. Mercedes says the approved oil is Mobil 1 0W/40 per their spec 229.5. Elements not listed are zero.
Al 4
Cr 1
Fe 22
Cu 46
Pb 2
Mn 16
Ti 1
K 2
B 3
Si 42
Na 11
Ca 1350
Mg 1146
P 1014
Z 1288
Ba 1
This does not appear to be any Mobil 1 I have ever seen. e.g. no moly, wildly different values for Mn, Ca, B etc compared to VOA's. I have asked Blackstone to check the test to make sure it is correct.
What is going on here? Is it possible Mercedes ships their cars with a break in oil installed and does not tell the customer?

There may be some assembly lube in the engine that caused additional additives to show up in your UOA.

Originally Posted By: White Fang
The sticker under the hood says it is Mobil 1, but it does not say what type of Mobil 1.

The sticker just says that MB recommends Mobil1. It does not say that M1 was used as factory fill. Two different things.

Is it possible Mercedes ships their cars with a break in oil installed and does not tell the customer?

Why would they need to tell the customer? What is a typical customer going to do with this information? Mercedes does not want you to change this oil until the first scheduled maintenance interval. That's all that matters.

I think you are right. It must be the Shell. I do think it would be a good idea for Mercedes to tell the customer. If only to keep some oil nut like me from changing the oil too early.

I thought the only Mercedes that came factory filled with Mobil 1 was the AMG. My sister has a 2009 C300 and I have no idea what it came with, but I do know the dealer in Ft. Worth services it with Mobil 1 0W-40.

I do think it would be a good idea for Mercedes to tell the customer. If only to keep some oil nut like me from changing the oil too early.

I don't think what you've done was harmful in any way.

I also thought MB standard FF was M1 0W-40
I drained my C250 (M272) @ 4k km, and refill with GC!
I don't seem to find too much shaving on the filter, but i still changed it!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I thought the only Mercedes that came factory filled with Mobil 1 was the AMG. My sister has a 2009 C300 and I have no idea what it came with, but I do know the dealer in Ft. Worth services it with Mobil 1 0W-40.

My daughter has a SL 500 and a S300 something in other, and both came with M1 0-40, and Tri Star MB in St Louis re fills with M1 0-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back