Valvoline 705233 CVT Trans fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever try this stuff. I have an 09 Altima 2.5 w/ 30k on it. I want to do a cooler line flush. I am thinking of trying this ATF. Along with a Magnafine filter. The ATF is $10.15 shipped from Amazon.

Also does anyone know the total capacity for this trans.

Capacity should be less than 11 quarts.

I would stay with the Nissan NS-2 because Nissan has extended the warranty to 120k on the transmission. Using a fluid other than NS-2 will likely result in potential claim denial.

The Nissan fluid has a green tint to it and most aftermarket fluids do not.

The CVT should not need a fluid change during the 120k warranty period, if not longer.

There is a fluid life monitor and the CVT deterioration value can be checked with the Nissan Consult-III scan tool.

Is there a torque converter on a CVT? If so, there is heat, and shearing...

120k only if one considers a "lifetime" fluid lifetme...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is there a torque converter on a CVT? If so, there is heat, and shearing...

120k only if one considers a "lifetime" fluid lifetme...

Yes, there's a converter.

150k is usually lifetime for most OEMs. I doubt most of these modern 6/7/8 speed stepped gear autos, DCTs, or CVTs are going to last more than ~150k anyway.

Well maybe I'll just do a drain and refill and call it a day, using the Nissan NS2. The fluid on the stick shows a very pale yellow / green, and looks very clean. This car was a rental before I bought it, and I was just thinking of a little preventative maintenance.

Not need a fluid change for 120k???? What, do they give you a free replacement transmission instead? Hint on the extended warranty....

Maintain the transmission. Either use the OE fluid, or the aftermarket CVT fluids.

Fluid life monitor is a joke as is the CVT deterioration value. Oh, is it CVT deterioration or CVTF deterioration? Just picking on you!

CVTF is good for 30k miles.

Whats good about the 120k extended warranty is that the car will depreciate sharply when it hits 120,001 miles ;-) thats hint #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back