lubro moly moS2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put lubro moly moS2 in my BMW about 1,500 mile ago mwith Valvoline 20w50 maxlife blend. The additve was silvery/green and turned my oil a similar color. Now 1,500 miles later the oil looked more or less normal. I changed my oil today to lubro moy 10w40 with moS2 in the oil.

What does that mean? Has the additve settled to the bottom of the oil pan or attached itself to the engine?? Perhaps nothing? :) I may write lubro moly.

I added a bottle to my Ridgeline about 1k mile ago. I need to look at the oil color. I swear that the engine appears to be more quiet. Maybe it's just my imagination!

My lawn mower always smoked after I emptied the clippings and restarted it. Now after running moS2 It completely stopped smoking. I was impressed.

Originally Posted By: stuntboy79
My lawn mower always smoked after I emptied the clippings and restarted it. Now after running moS2 It completely stopped smoking. I was impressed.

Mine would smoke on startup after sitting for a week. This is the second season with LM MoS2 in it and it doesn't smoke on start up anymore. I thought it might have been a fluke when it stopped smoking on start up the first season, now I'm convinced it did something.

Originally Posted By: Russell
What does that mean? Has the additve settled to the bottom of the oil pan or attached itself to the engine?? Perhaps nothing? :) I may write lubro moly.

No it hasn't settled and should still be visible,i have ran this additive too for about 1,000 miles now and all is the same no settlement and still grey in color.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Russell

No it hasn't settled and should still be visible,i have ran this additive too for about 1,000 miles now and all is the same no settlement and still grey in color.

The oil had avout 4,600 miles on it when I changed it. Only about 1,500 miles had the M0s2 additive. It was fairly dark brown and appeared fairly dirty so the brown may have masked the gray green. it stayed gray green/brown for at least 1000 miles .

Yea i added mine to new fresh oil,so far so good,she purrs like new!

the oil may have got'en blacker and just masked the LB color..

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Very cheap at NAPA (like $4.00)

If ya add the tax it is like $4.19, the stuff is woth every penny. JMO

So I have run a quart of MMO about 300 miles in our 100+ degree heat, I don't get out of the house much as I work there.
And the lifter tick/ injector tick from the passenger side of my Ford F150 with 4.2 V-6 isn't sounding any better. I have another 2000 miles to go on this OCI, although I might change it out earlier. It has been a year on this Synthetic OCI, and I am getting close to the 7500 miles. It will be warm through November and probably into December, so I have time.

So I stopped by the Napa near work during lunch today and asked them to order some Lubro Moly MOS2 additive for me. I showed them the part number I got from Napa Online.
They said they stocked it and they began looking. First out came the Schaeffer's #132, I said I had some and would prefrer the Lubro Moly Additive.

I told them that they stock the 10w60 racing, and 5w40 Lubro Moly oil along with some German Transmission fluid that works with all BMW and Dextron III transmissions. Could they order some Oil Additive made by the same company?

After looking through the oil shelf and through the back they found the MOS2 Additive on the shelf that I walked by. Turns out that they got it in stock last week and I walked past it on the way into the store. I picked up 2 cans of the stuff.

After I am done with the current fill I will put some Lubro Moly in my F150 with the next OCI.
Perhaps that will clean up the tick I have.

Good to know they now stock both the Schaeffer's and the Lubro Moly.

Originally Posted By: gs300tx
Can you add this stuff along with MMO?

I have been doing this for a year, but I did ask Rich Kelley before adding the Lubro-Moly in with the MMO and he said it was ok

Originally Posted By: c3po
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Very cheap at NAPA (like $4.00)

If ya add the tax it is like $4.19, the stuff is woth every penny. JMO

None of the NAPA stores near me carry the MOS2 supplement.
54.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back