policemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly true. If they'd act more like peace officers rather than as "law enforcement" and revenue generators they'd have a lot more respect.

They have a very tough job. Have had ones pull me over and tell me I was speeding at 35 in a thirty zone when I was doing 31.
I have also had one let me off when I was doing about 5 over. There are good and bad, But I like to believe there are many many more good than bad.

Without decent cops we would be screwed. Thankfully we don't have cops like they do in Mexico that are wanting you to bribe them or you are going to jail.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Mostly true. If they'd act more like peace officers rather than as "law enforcement" and revenue generators they'd have a lot more respect.

Once again we agree, Tempest I'm getting worried.
grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Can't argue with that. I also miss listening to Paul Harvey.

So true.

Originally Posted By: XS650

grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

I will also agree!

Originally Posted By: Steve S

grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

I will also agree!

The end must be near.
13.gif

Quote:
Thankfully we don't have cops like they do in Mexico that are wanting you to bribe them or you are going to jail.

This is a very efficient method of compensation ..with cost saving benefits that cascade upward in avoided costs.

Here the public servant extracts costs directly from the end user. No court costs ..less paperwork. It's all very compact and economical. There is the more protracted process for those who can't do their part in supporting law enforcement and they are assessed these added costs to the society.

It's all very Pret-e-Porter

Originally Posted By: Steve S

grin2.gif
cheers3.gif

I will also agree!

I also agree. They'd certainly get a lot more respect from me.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123

Without decent cops we would be screwed. Thankfully we don't have cops like they do in Mexico that are wanting you to bribe them or you are going to jail.

It's not that black and white.

Chances are if you go to court and are innocent the cop will lie to get a conviction anyway. Why pay additional money to a rubber stamp traffic court system and insurance companies?

The problem we have is that there is a significant minority of cops that are incompetent and or dishonest and we have a significant majority of cops that let the bad ones get away with it.

since no one ever votes for measures that will generate money to fund law enforcement due to it also costing extra taxes, it is a necessary evil, most law enforcement agency's are on a shoe string budget and as a result we have far less cops then we really need. if someone is violating traffic or other laws the best way to to make them obey the law in the future is by hurting their pocket book, i spent 8 yrs as a firefighter and can tell you that even minor violations of traffic laws can seriously hurt or kill someone, so it really isn't ridiculous to have to pay for breaking these rules that ARE there to keep everyone safe.

Last edited:
Seeing the state troopers busting speeders at midnight last night on a deserted rural interstate (I-390 and I-86) resulted in feelings of ambivalence. Some of them might have been drunks. Others were likely just racing home with no other cars around.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Seeing the state troopers busting speeders at midnight last night on a deserted rural interstate (I-390 and I-86) resulted in feelings of ambivalence. Some of them might have been drunks. Others were likely just racing home with no other cars around.

the thing that most people don't think about is if one of these guys wrecks how much is it going to cost tax payers? you have the response of the police,fire rescue and ems? not to mention the risk to the emergency workers, the blood and other bodily fluids are a bio hazard,if extrication is involved then the fire rescue workers are being put at high risk due to the dangerous nature of cutting and tearing a vehicle that in many cases is on unstable ground, or has undeployed air bags which can be unpredictable after a wreck, as well as everything being sharp, hot or plain harmful. then the wreck needs to be cleaned up and any damaged caused to road signs, the road it's self or telephone/power lines, so it's not just them hurting themselves.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Without decent cops we would be screwed.

Looks like the marketing department is doing their job.

So you would rather have corrupt cops like they do in Mexico?

I Have been Charged for for a serous crime that I did not commit before. So I don't have blind faith in the legal system.
In fact I'm still ticked off about it and it happened 17 years ago. I had prosecutors, Police, CPS, State Patrol, Hospital employees etc etc against me.

That being said I still think we need decent cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back